Buying Advice Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #11  
Sounds to me that if the dealer is quoting 20% below MSRP that he is doing you pretty good. I don't hear many getting better than 15% and in some parts of the country 7%.

MarkV

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot
Just curious? Did you check out the dealership in Danville, Virginia? BTW, I know where you are located. My State Farm agent is in Mebane.

No, I haven't been to that dealership. They are a little closer than the dealer that has the old stock B3030, I'll give them a call and see if they happen to have any on the lot.

I'd contact Barlows first and see their price delivered to my door for a fresh model with all I wanted on it and things I didn't want on it not be on it to pay for. After getting Barlows price then see how much your actually saving for the one your looking at. Did you say your wanting a B3030?

Yes I was looking at B3030s. I did contact Barlows and he said they have none in stock and none in the warehouse, but there were a couple dealers within 300 miles that had one on the lot. My local dealer made a couple phone calls and found out the B3030 couldn't be ordered any longer, only remaining inventory can be sold.

Sounds to me that if the dealer is quoting 20% below MSRP that he is doing you pretty good. I don't hear many getting better than 15% and in some parts of the country 7%.

When I got quotes on a new B3030 (before my dealer found out they couldn't be ordered any longer) the price they gave was about 9-10% off MSRP.

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #13  
Reponding as a dealer, you are talking about a model that is being replaced. There are no additional programs at this point from Kubota but as a dealer we get very hungry at this point to move this type of equipment. Kubota might not offer any additional discounts either if their inventory is low! On the same note anything that has sat in our yard to this extreme is also a must move piece. I'd find out what the new model would be priced at in your area to compare what savings you might have for the old model. When trading at a later date the newer model will be known from 2013 or newer or on the old model from it's start date!

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #14  
I wouldn't worry about fluids, etc, as normally tractors on the lot do get some "exercise" every once and a while -- customers driving them around for demo, dealer moving inventory around for display, etc. Just look to make sure there aren't signs of "use" such as scraped paint on the buckets, tread wear on the tires, etc. If there are none, then I'd say to negotiate the best deal you can and jump on it. Could be a great opportunity to get a new tractor at a discounted price. Once you start using the tractor, your wear and tear (even if mild) will soon out-do any age the tractor has accumulated on the lot.

What are the hours on the meter? Anything under 10 wouldn't bother me at all, in fact I'd probably still be OK with up to 20. More than that, and I'd ask them to discount the upcoming 50-hour service since they have already spent some of the hours before it was delivered.

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot
There's only 0.9 hours on the meter.

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #16  
Sounds like a reasonable deal to me. Many tractors in my area spend their entire life out doors. It is better under cover, but this tractor doesn't seem to have been hurt yet.

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #17  
if you want it if it makes you happy grab it before its to late dont wait someone will buy it

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #18  
   / Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #19  
I did buy a new old stock L5740 got a Dec 2008 L5740 in Sept 2011 .9 hrs full warranty 0%/60 months finance, requested complete fluid change, named my price, they accepted my offer with some assistance from kubota . did a cash price for a loader which I installed myself. So yes it can be done if the dealer will coop. paid less than <25k price it yourself to see what a deal I got.

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #20  
The closest dealer to me had the same thing when I bought.
They had A brand new sun drenched slighlty
starting to rust tractor. No $pecial deal offered.

I found a newer model much
farther south, delivered, for $500 le$$.

HELLO!

They tried to pump into me HARD that it is not the tractor
build year, but the date it is pressed into service. Well, NO!
That is absolutely wrong, you see MOST HUMANS want to know
what "Year" that tractor or car is, and I wanted a NEW tractor, not
a tractor already one model year old.

They offered no deal, I walked...I asked for a newer unit to be shipped
in for me. They LIED and said it would be 4 months. I made a few calls
and proved them lieing...byby....................................

I even ran the engine numbers and found it was over a year old.

Knock 4K or more off there asking price and offer that including a 2 year non commercial
warranty. If they accept great! If not, move on. If your worried about dissing them off
then all's I can say is; "It must be nice to be so rich that your more afraid
of hurting the feelings of a dealer, then giving to your own family, of which if
you pay long dollar, your depriving your family.."

Think About It.

Do you think they are going to turn you away for service or "Stick it
to you" when you do come in for service, even if you bought elsewhere?
They will do that ANYWAYS regardless of where you bought it!
They have a business to run, they HAVE to charge big money
or they will not be in business for long!

Make YOURSELF happy, not them...