Buying Advice Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #21  
They tried to pump into me HARD that it is not the tractor
build year, but the date it is pressed into service. Well, NO!
That is absolutely wrong, you see MOST HUMANS want to know
what "Year" that tractor or car is, and I wanted a NEW tractor, not
a tractor already one model year old.

for what its worth, they where right. The date/year of a tractor is considered the year it was put into service.. not the year it was sold. As a dealer, we have no mechanism to even go back and check the date it was built... only the retail date. In our industry "year" is irrelevent. Even for trades and stuff we don't even bother to look it up. All we care about is model, condition and hours.

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #22  
I have no idea when any of the "new" tractors we bought were built and I don't know of any experienced owner who does or cares, they and I go by condition and features only. I will take a three year old tractor left in a warehouse or shed over this years production run if the condition is better.

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #23  
That deal on the B3030 sounds pretty good. You'll get the full warranty, and if you can get a 0% financing deal, then I'd say you're golden. Only issue with sitting outside is fading of the paint, and maybe some of the rubber & plastic parts. Hyd hoses are very durable, so I wouldn't worry about those. Good thing is if any of that stuff falls apart or fails while under the "bumper-to-bumper" warranty period, then you get a new replacement on Kubota's dime.

My suggestion is take the deal, including their offer to replace decals, etc. and try to get the add-ons thrown in for free or a significant discount. All they can do is say no to more free stuff, but it sounds like they'll work with you and both of you can walk away pleased with the final deal.

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #24  
for what its worth, they where right. The date/year of a tractor is considered the year it was put into service.. not the year it was sold. As a dealer, we have no mechanism to even go back and check the date it was built... only the retail date. In our industry "year" is irrelevent. Even for trades and stuff we don't even bother to look it up. All we care about is model, condition and hours.

Yep, same with construction equipment. We trade JD graders every four years and no one ever talks about what year the new one is or what year our trade-in is. All that's looked at are hours and condition.

I bought my L4400 as a two year carry over. Had 1.7 hours on the clock. Had sat outside on the dealers lot for over two years. Wheel paint was beginning to fade, otherwise looked new. I bought it for $3500 less than 85% of MSRP. I had them throw in a complete set of filters and enough oil to change the engine oil. The factory warranty started the day I took possession. I felt lucky to find such a deal.

When I sold my L4400 the buyer never asked what year it was. All he was interested in was tach hours and condition.

/ Kubota tractor that has been sitting on a dealer lot #25  
Construction and AG equipment are not like cars, the only concern is hours, and warranty. Buy it locally, unless you plan on shipping it back for warranty work.

The closest dealer to me had the same thing when I bought.
They had A brand new sun drenched slighlty
starting to rust tractor. No $pecial deal offered.

I found a newer model much
farther south, delivered, for $500 le$$.

HELLO!

They tried to pump into me HARD that it is not the tractor
build year, but the date it is pressed into service. Well, NO!
That is absolutely wrong, you see MOST HUMANS want to know
what "Year" that tractor or car is, and I wanted a NEW tractor, not
a tractor already one model year old.

They offered no deal, I walked...I asked for a newer unit to be shipped
in for me. They LIED and said it would be 4 months. I made a few calls
and proved them lieing...byby....................................

I even ran the engine numbers and found it was over a year old.

Knock 4K or more off there asking price and offer that including a 2 year non commercial
warranty. If they accept great! If not, move on. If your worried about dissing them off
then all's I can say is; "It must be nice to be so rich that your more afraid
of hurting the feelings of a dealer, then giving to your own family, of which if
you pay long dollar, your depriving your family.."

Think About It.

Do you think they are going to turn you away for service or "Stick it
to you" when you do come in for service, even if you bought elsewhere?
They will do that ANYWAYS regardless of where you bought it!
They have a business to run, they HAVE to charge big money
or they will not be in business for long!

Make YOURSELF happy, not them...