kubota v. massey

/ kubota v. massey #11  
This specific site is even headed Buying and Pricing under the KUBOTA Heading. There are other forums on TBN, several that are not Brand specific for you to provide experience and insight. Do you visit the JD site that is specific to JD Owning and Operating or Buying and Pricing? I never go there to see since I don't have a JD.
I never understand this.
I go to "Since my last visit" to read all the posts.
When I reply to a post, most of the time I don't know what section of the forum I'm in when I send a reply.
Although I do agree that any poster (reguardless of what forum section they are on) should have actual experiance with a certain brand/make/model before making the claim that their brand/make/model is better.

Last edited:
   / kubota v. massey #12  
murphy1244 said:
Personally I see the biggest difference in dealer network. I have 5 JD dealers within 50 miles of me, all except one owned by the same company that went on a buying spree and owns 9 dealers in my area, and I only have one Kubota dealer that is just over 50 miles. For me that is a huge plus for JD..
They build more JD dealers by you???? 5 to50????Now thats a stretch :confused2:

No. That's all I knew of before. Go too jds dealer search and go from 48438 and count. 20. Go to Kubotas and count. 3.

/ kubota v. massey #13  
Okaydokay...:laughing:

/ kubota v. massey #14  
Back to the op's question... I would go with a newer tractor, whether it be a Kubota, a Deere, newer Massey and do forth they will be a more comfortable tractor to operate. 4x4 is a good thing as well:thumbsup:

/ kubota v. massey
Thanks for all the replies. I'm still trying to decide. May take an upclose look tomorrow. I do think the Massey 135 is overpriced. It does come with a FEL but for me that doesn't seem like a plus. I have never really needed one tho I guess if I had one I would find uses for it.

How much do you guys think my MF50 would be worth in trade on either the Massey 135 or the Kubota 3130. The Kubota has no FEL. Will try to post a pic. Thanks again.

Attachments

• DSCN0991.JPG
    DSCN0991.JPG
    630.7 KB · Views: 295
  • DSCN0993.JPG
    DSCN0993.JPG
    664 KB · Views: 282
   / kubota v. massey #16  
frankroberts said:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm still trying to decide. May take an upclose look tomorrow. I do think the Massey 135 is overpriced. It does come with a FEL but for me that doesn't seem like a plus. I have never really needed one tho I guess if I had one I would find uses for it.

How much do you guys think my MF50 would be worth in trade on either the Massey 135 or the Kubota 3130. The Kubota has no FEL. Will try to post a pic. Thanks again.

That is a good looking tractor, but unfortunately it is worth next to nothing. Go to www.tractorhouse.com to see what others are selling for - from what I see it's in the $2-3k range and that wouldn't allow much for a trade in. I would try to get the 135 down to $5-6k range and keep the 50 as well. It's always nice to have 2 machines. if you really want only one though, go with the Kubota. A fel is very handy and once you have one you'll wonder how you went without.

/ kubota v. massey #17  
I kind of skipped over a bunch of the nonsense posts so maybe someone else has posted this but I think the 3130 is wider than 5'. I'm sure someone else here can confirm it.

/ kubota v. massey #18  
I kind of skipped over a bunch of the nonsense posts...
Me, too :p Can we get more information about what each tractor has? The Massey 135 has a FEL and the kubota doesn't... what about the transmission, tire type, hour meter, 2 wheel drive vs. 4x4???

I think your MF50 would get a much better price if you sell it yourself... since you worked on it and know what was done to it. Since I think the kubota is also over priced, at $13k without a FEL... You should be able to get $5k for the MF50 - in your area :cool2::tractor::laughing:

/ kubota v. massey #19  
A FEL would be a big selling point for me. I am not that familiar with the massey.
Does it have power steering, kind of tranny etc. Creature comforts are nice. They are both capable tractors.:thumbsup:

/ kubota v. massey #20  
Thanks for all the replies.

I have several tractors and tractored for half a century now. I own several compact 4x4s, but I'd go for the Massey. Once you try a loader it will be hard to go back to living without one. If the loader is decent then it is actually quite a fair price....with those hours a very fair price. Of course you may expect to replace any rubber fuel lines, old water hoses and after that it should last a long, long time. There are just too many advantages to a heavy utility tractor over a compact for the kind of work you do. Plus, half the fun is the pride of ownership. Those Masseys are a handsome tractor; a classic. If it looks like a "real tractor" to you then shouldn't that count the most?
rScotty.