Comparison Kubota vs Branson?

/ Kubota vs Branson? #91  
If I recall the double posts were related to a plugin that saved draft versions of your messages. I believe it only shows up when doing a quick reply at the bottom of the page. Clicking Go Advanced or something prevents things. Don't recall for sure but I saw some posts by people who got it figured out.

They just got the back end stuff for TapaTalk for phones working so you can ditch the crap TBN app (which was just a customized version of the ForumRunner app that got abandoned). And with the recent servers upgrades, they are at least working on things again. The ForumRunner software was abandoned a couple years ago & the Android app had issues for a year or 2. So at least they are working on things now. Hopefully they will sort out the double post thing finally here soon.

I'll give that a try.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #92  
Pretty sure its available for IOS as well as Android. Its a generic forum reader app, not a single forum app. I follow about a dozen various forums from time to time & its handy to have them all in 1 place with 1 common interface on an app that is under active development & maintenance.

I'm sure some of the double post issues are depending on the client you use. I know browsers have the issue & have had that pain personally with the old crap TBN android app. Have yet to see it with TappaTalk though.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #93  
Is anyone else concerned about some of the electronic systems on the new Tier 4 engines? I think initially they would be reliable but what happens down the road? Are manufacturers using a standardized coding system like OBDII in cars?

I kind of like the Branson as it doesn't have any electronic engine controls and no active DPF regeneration cycles. However, I have an old Bolens G274 so I know the issues about trying to get parts and service for a defunct brand so that scares me away from Branson.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #94  
I kind of like the Branson as it doesn't have any electronic engine controls and no active DPF regeneration cycles.

I've heard of other brands that are like that.

How do they meet the current EPA standards?

/ Kubota vs Branson? #95  
Is anyone else concerned about some of the electronic systems on the new Tier 4 engines? I think initially they would be reliable but what happens down the road? Are manufacturers using a standardized coding system like OBDII in cars?

I kind of like the Branson as it doesn't have any electronic engine controls and no active DPF regeneration cycles. However, I have an old Bolens G274 so I know the issues about trying to get parts and service for a defunct brand so that scares me away from Branson.

I am sure there will be some issues and equally sure that we are not going backwards. Of course there may be newer technologies in the future that are either more reliable or efficient but today Tier 4 compliant engines is all you can buy new. I would imagine that the engine manufacturers had hundreds of thousands of hours of Tier 4 engine operation under their belts before they were rolled into full production so the risk of a big negative surprise is pretty small. Maybe some extra maintenance or parts not lasting as long as anticipated but I'd be surprised if there are major reliability issues with Tier 4 engines. I suspect that some folks will hold off new purchases for a few years just to make sure there are no hidden maintenance surprises but the same was probably true when fuel injection or ABS or other tech advances were introduced to automobiles.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #96  
Does anyone know if Kioti and Branson parts are the same? I hear they are but I am not sure how to find a cross reference. I have a 3510 and am very happy with it. A significant update from my last 8N My dealer is 5 miles away. I would like to order parts on line but WOW the dealer network is expensive and not overly responsive. I need three injectors and what a mess trying to figure out if there is an aftermarket part to fit. Any Ideas

/ Kubota vs Branson? #97  
What year is your tractor? If you have a Kujie built Cummins engine you can used cummins injectors.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #98  
I was just about to mention Tier 4 and electronics as Coolnick did as a reason you need a good dealer as close as possible. More than likely they will be the only ones with the computer hardware/software that can diagnose and repair many of the problems that can appear.
Al

/ Kubota vs Branson? #99  
Does anyone know if Kioti and Branson parts are the same? I hear they are but I am not sure how to find a cross reference. I have a 3510 and am very happy with it. A significant update from my last 8N My dealer is 5 miles away. I would like to order parts on line but WOW the dealer network is expensive and not overly responsive. I need three injectors and what a mess trying to figure out if there is an aftermarket part to fit. Any Ideas
To my knowledge, Kioti and Branson have no common parts. The only company that has used Kioti (Daedong) parts in recent years has been Bobcat.

/ Kubota vs Branson? #100  
Branson 5220ch owner. Neither Kukje nor any dealer within 1000 miles of me (including Texas) provides the support you will get from your local Kubota dealer. My theory is that US dealers will/can not work with Kukje in a meaningful way and vice-versa. There may be a few individuals who are trying but neither the good ol' boy tractor dealers (I mean that in a very affectionate way) are not effective in east Asian diplomacy, nor are North American Branson.

I don't equate Branson to early Hyundai imports because the latter were really bad vehicles. Yet a clear and easy path to success has been laid and yet Kukje and the major American dealers refuse to see it. I have communicated with them and they are defensive and blind.

To support my claim, don't you think that if Kukje cared about customers they would monitor and participate in these forums?