Kubota vs. John Deere

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #1  

javahjoe

Tractor
Kubota, Power King
Bought a Kubota B 2920, 2013. Compared to a John Deere 2320, before I bought it. Now two years and I'm very happy with my Kubota. It has a front loader, and I bought a new King Kuter tiller, 4 foot. Some with the B 2920 complain about the hydro pedal sticking. I have no problem using my heal and lifting the hydro pedal when that happens. I have 197 hours on it and used it to till my as well as others, gardens. Winter has me clearing the walks at my church, and some neighborhood drives. I did buy a soft side cab from The Original Cab Company, right here in Indiana. Cab heaters were very expensive, so I came up with my own design, and it works great. Not to knock the Green machines, but I have friends, that have friends, who have the JD tractor and they wish they had bought a Kubota. Now folks, let us agree to disagree. OK. You like Green, others like Red, still others like Blue, and on it goes. I like my Kubota and you like your.................? Enjoy yours and I'll enjoy mine. Ok. Javahjoe, MIO, aka Don Kubota Snow 3.jpgKubota Heater 3.jpgKubota Heater 4.jpgKubota Heater 5.jpgKubota Heater 6.jpgKubota Heater 1.jpgKubota Heater 2.jpg

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #2  
I'll disagree on the tractor but agree on the cab. No heat in my OTC but it's fine with a jacket on in relatively cold weather, Ok at -10F with Carharts.

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #3  
Nice heater fab and cab.
I'm curious: is that a tape measure below the dash? Do you charge snow removal by the inch?

Attachments

• Fish Tank X-mas Tree EM.JPG
    Fish Tank X-mas Tree EM.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 136
   / Kubota vs. John Deere #4  
I agree with the tractor decision. Wish I had something like that when I lived in Nebraska. Based on your design, I think I could have mounted it behind the seat on my B2710 which would have kept it kind of out of the way. I do miss real snow. We get 1" here and school shuts down for a week.

I noticed your loader lift cylinders appear to be mounted backwards (not that is matters but it is different) as to all I have seen or owned. Did they come from the dealer that way?

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #5  
I won't buy anything but Kubota tractors, Ford trucks, and Makita tools. I want what I want. Doesn't mean I think anything less of my neighbor who is John Deere, Chevy truck, and Dewalt tools. I do think he has a strange haircut, though...

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #6  
What is the purpose of this? To start a brand bashing war?

Pick what is right for you, no one else matters.

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #7  
I never thought much good about Kubota. Considering them somewhat behind the times, outdated and always fetching less in price then JDs on the used market. Kind of like Ford trucks.

Anyway, I have become a real fan of Kubota and have the greatest repect for them. In general, I have great respect for many japanese things. Well made, with serious devotion to quality and durability without the fluff. I have Kubota engines in a bunch of things and I know I can count on them to start time and time again.

John Deere, (and I have owned a couple of new ones), seem more refined then Kubota, but it has been my experience that it is these refinements that fail in the end! Just my 2 cents worth and I currently own both. So to summerize, JD equals better curb appeal, kubota, better sensible and durable design. Kubota in fact earned my respect and JD lost it.

And again I say, this is just my feeling based on my experience.

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #8  
Not brand loyal here.I choose what fits my needs and price.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    896.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Ford Truck 180.jpg
    Ford Truck 180.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Ford Truck 134.jpg
    Ford Truck 134.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Ford Truck 173.jpg
    Ford Truck 173.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 102
   / Kubota vs. John Deere #9  
I noticed your loader lift cylinders appear to be mounted backwards (not that is matters but it is different) as to all I have seen or owned. Did they come from the dealer that way?

Looks right to me. With the body ends of the lift and curl cylinders close together, the hoses can be routed the same and the ends move the same during operation.

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #10  
Not brand loyal here.I choose what fits my needs and price.

+1. I have a JD GT235e garden tract, a Kubota BX2660, a Kubota BX23 and a Kioti DK50SE. Each has a purpose and serves it well.