Kubota vs. John Deere

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #11  
Well I'm going to come right out and say that I'm a very biased John Deere owner. That being said I have owned two Massey's. I sold the first one because I wasn't using it. The second one is sold as soon as I have it repaired. I bought it after a battery fire. I was going to keep it but.....

I'm reluctant to bash anybody's choices as there are no guarantees that my choice won't need repairs. Although I do notice on the forums here that certain brands seem to cause more owner grief than others. :)

I will at some point get a second tractor. Right now it's going to be a John Deere. Not because they are necessarily better but because I want two tractors that I can use that same implements on. ie my front end loader and my snow blower. I don't see any point in owning two front end loaders. Some will ask why two tractors? Well if one breaks down while it's earning $....

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #12  
I don't think this is a bash thread, more of an "opinion" thread.
Which is good because it may help some future buyer to decide.
I've owned 3 Kubotas, MF60 and now a JCB210. From these and what I've read here on this great forum, I've learned a few things....
If I were to buy another machine, ( only have the JCB now) color would NOT be or have anything to do with my choice.
For me,: I would not buy new,
I would buy an HST only if the machine was a high end horsepower, at least 45 horse, anything smaller, it would be GST for me.
Definitely must have a cab.
Peddles must be oriented the way I like them depending on an HST or GST model.
A strong PTO horsepower to match my rear pull blower.
Quick attach front bucket and an angling front plow for it.
At least 2 rear remotes and a good GPM flow from the pump.
Is that too much to ask for,:)

/ Kubota vs. John Deere #13  
When I was shopping for tractors I looked at everything that was available and did a lot of spec. c comparisons. To me the comparable Kubota was too light for the power it had as was not as much tractor for the money. Nothing wrong with the Kubota just set up different to preform different tasks.
I like my soft cab as well and find I don't need a heater even at well below Zero . Enough heat comes off the frame iron castings to keep it comfortable wearing winter clothes and coat.

/ Kubota vs. John Deere
You get the prize for having very good eyes. Yes to the "Is that a tape measure, and no to, do I charge by the inch" I sure didn't mean any disrespect to any other make of tractors. I guess my wording, Kubota vs John Deere might better have been different. javahjoe, MIO, aka Don

/ Kubota vs. John Deere
I meant no disrespect to any. I guess using "Kubota vs John Deere was a mistake on my part. At 72, I have owned other make tractors and I agree with those who buy what works for them, and respect the John Deere crowd for their loyalty. I was trying to say what I like about my Kubota B 2920, in hopes that would help others decide when buying a tractor. My tractor is on the low hp range with 29 hp. With only 1/2 acre I don't need more HP. I have a Power King 18HP tractor, 1980, and did have a Kubota B 7100 16HP 4X4 w/loader and tiller. When I moved off the farm, I had a Ford 420 w/loader. and sometime ago I owned a Case 930 Comfort King cab tractor wide front. It was a beast for that year tractor, but was gas. Now that I'm retired I attend Antique Tractor Show in the summer months. Being "Antique" myself, I enjoy seeing the old equipment. I exhibit, at the shows. a Maytag 1937 model 92, and a Maytag 1948 model 72 engines. I have a 1/3 scale, working mini hay press, that I had a friend build for me. This year, Indiana winter has been very cold. That being said, I have been staying in most of the time. Enjoy, what ever make tractor floats your boat. Javahjoe, MIO, aka Don 000_0443.JPG000_0444.JPG000_0422.JPGBaler.jpgMini Baler.jpg100_1430.JPG