Comparison Kubota vs. LS

/ Kubota vs. LS #1  

Cookie Monster

Tractor
Various
Hi all,

We're looking to update one of our utility tractors. We priced a Kubota M6060 with loader & cab and LS XU6168. We run two other Kubota's around the farm and love them, but these LS machines have an attractive price tag. Priced at local dealers we're looking at about 38,500 on the LS and 48,500 on the Kubota. Does anyone have some insight on the LS units? Love the Kubota's we have but a 10k difference is worth looking into at-least.

Thanks!

/ Kubota vs. LS #2  
LS makes some great tractors. I would suggest you post in the LS section / forum, you will get some specific replies from LS owners that might have that specific tractor and give you some better information. Lots of really happy LS owners there.

/ Kubota vs. LS #3  
I have a 2014 LS G3038 that I bought used, which is a different class tractor than what you're looking at, but I really like it. I've put about 10 hours on it in the last 6 weeks piling up limbs and pine straw, bush hogging, and cleaning up a couple trees that fell during a storm. I compared it to new and used Kubotas L3301 or similar tractors. The LS is definitely all business with no cup holders, no canopy, and a shuttle shift instead of HST, but it's a very solid machine. The ergonomics of the Kubota were slightly better, but as a less than 50 hours a year user, that wasn't a deal breaker for me. Coming from dad's 1983 L340, any of the newer machines are a vast ergonomic improvement though!

/ Kubota vs. LS #4  
Howdy CM knowtice its your first post . Welcome to TBN . You mind me asking more or less what part of the country your in ? Or state ? Some of us have it on our profiles . Tractor colors can be a region thing , and 10K price difference on comparible models ? at least gets my attention like you have posted . Thank you ...

/ Kubota vs. LS #5  
I bought an XU6168CPS two years ago. It’s been great thus far with a little over 200 hours on the clock. With the cab and power shuttle, it came in about $15k less than a similar Kubota, and that included three SCVs, mirrors, front and rear wipers, lights, etc.
It’s a very strong machine that is also very comfortable for me and I’m 6’3” and 3 bills.
I paid $42,500 for the tractor, loader and backhoe. A similar Kubota was close to $60k. I spent $10k at Everything Attachments and still spent less than a JD or Kubota. Still very happy with my decision.

/ Kubota vs. LS
Hi, thank you! We’re in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. I just haven’t had the chance to get profile stuff done yet. The price tag is pretty awesome, just trying to figure out why the price gap. Driven both and like them both, just seems too good to be true.

/ Kubota vs. LS #7  
I shopped all the major brands before getting my XR4155HC-possibly from an LS dealer you’ll go to (Ernst Tractor). I was sold on a Yanmar but couldn’t get the price below $40k-the LS had been my second choice-mostly because, as an engineer, I was totally geeked out by the Yanmars iHMT drive. The LS definitely has more features for the money than all of the competitors.

I am at 50+ hours on mine and am completely satisfied with my choice

/ Kubota vs. LS #8  
Hi, thank you! We’re in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. I just haven’t had the chance to get profile stuff done yet. The price tag is pretty awesome, just trying to figure out why the price gap. Driven both and like them both, just seems too good to be true.

Marketing, penetration and customer base. I think LS is trying to make a push into the markets and price point is an obvious factor.

It appears in the compact to utility lineup, a comparable Kubota is indeed 10k more.

/ Kubota vs. LS #9  
I have a 2012 g3033. I put about 120 hours a year on it, mostly spraying and mowing in a vineyard.

Mine is a tier 3, so not directly comparable to what you are looking at. Never have had any issues with it so far, just do the regular servicing, and keep it stored inside the barn when not in use.
They are getting more popular around here, I almost never see any used ones on the market.

/ Kubota vs. LS #10  

Sometimes price gap is because you are getting more in terms of machine, quality, warranty and or service. But often times name brands cost X percent more just because they can, also name brands spend millions on marketing and thus pass that cost onto you

Last edited: