Comparison Kubota vs. LS

/ Kubota vs. LS #41  
Green had the market and now orange does.

Green tossed the market away with their 'tude, shutting down small locally owned dealers in favor of corporate mega dealers. Big Orange is in the process of doing the same thing.

/ Kubota vs. LS #42  
Green had the market and now orange does. But like anything these scuts/cuts are exploding on the market. Somebody just like honda, yota etc will make their in and end of the day provide a machine that is just as good if not better for much less money. Just the way it works.

Even with that said there lots of people like you and me that dont need machine to run 8 hours a day 5 days a week, if that were the case then my thought process might be different to. The problem with thinking that, is that the off branded machines if you will provide a machine that is just as good. The detractors their only real argument is legacy and dealer support, while yes there is some value there potentially, but it doesnt make the machine better. Saying this I just bought a Kubota.

You need to focus in on "the market" and the consumer.

The market has shifted in my area from ag-farms to gentlemen and woman farms. Harry homeowner wanted estate type lots. Gone are the big ag equipment and dealers, in are the "I need a bigger lawn mower crowd".....with the accompanying salesman shifting that thought to a sub/compact/utility tractors. If the salesman is lucky to get in on the conversation.

The big box stores are out, the known ag-dealers are fewer, the middle of the market is the mom and pop shops that are seeing an opportunity to grow.

IMHO, respectfully.

/ Kubota vs. LS #43  
You need to focus in on "the market" and the consumer.

The market has shifted in my area from ag-farms to gentlemen and woman farms. Harry homeowner wanted estate type lots. Gone are the big ag equipment and dealers, in are the "I need a bigger lawn mower crowd".....with the accompanying salesman shifting that thought to a sub/compact/utility tractors. If the salesman is lucky to get in on the conversation.

The big box stores are out, the known ag-dealers are fewer, the middle of the market is the mom and pop shops that are seeing an opportunity to grow.

IMHO, respectfully.

markets change. There is x% of less farmers these days and bigger/better machines can do the work of many machines from years ago, just the way it is. All these companies have been around a while whether it was LS, or JD. Brands like LS, TYM etc were just making parts for big machines/big brands back then, but less big machines to sell they needed to go somewhere and many of them and that is to the hobby farmer.

Only thing I dont think is right is mom and pops, if anything they are going away. Id prefer larger stuff anyways, prices are better, selections are better etc.

/ Kubota vs. LS #45  
My experience is much the same as others on this forum. I don't rely on my tractor to make a living, and don't put a ton of hours on it.

In 2012 I shopped our local dealers (Kubota, Mahindra, Bobcat, JD, LS) and realized I was going to save about 10K by going with the LS. My preference was the Kubota (loved the transmission), but I couldn't justify spending that much more, and I preferred the LS dealer's proximity and customer service (local mom and pop dealer).

I've had my 4047 for over 7 years and 470 hours and have no regrets. New, it had a minor leak that the dealer dealt with at the free first service, and since then it has been trouble-free (with the exception of a none functioning fuel gauge) and has done everything I've needed it to do.