Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install

/ Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install #11  
Cut and no grass spray is fantastic I had no smoothness issues with other blades but will check exterior appearance of pulleys and belt threading and if I don't see anything, remove blades and see if they are balanced. May put old blades back on (lifting machine and NOT removing deck) and see what they do.
I use the FEL bucket on my BX to lift the Z up to take a look under.

/ Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install #13  
Removed two plastic pulley covers (Left them off), checked belt route and alignment, removed tension spring and reversed ends to be proper (spring to front post) and still bad vibration when blades engaged.
Chain lifted front of Z with B2650. Blades seemed tight and properly seated. Removed both blades and both seemed balanced. Replaced blades but swapped them to different side, tightened finger tight till almost totally seated then impact drill used to final tight. Dropped front, removed chain and bad vibration has disappeared. Mowed a small section with good results but didn't want to deprive my wife from getting to mow so didn't do but about 20 minutes worth. Will get her feedback after she mows some.

/ Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install
Simply swapping the blades left and right? Wonder if a "non- Kubota" blade would make any difference? I've not noticed much difference on my Z since the mulch kit install. I had gone into the upgrade knowing I was going to alter "the feel" of the mower by adding the baffles.....and I mow with tunes blasting in my head......maybe I put my blades on in the correct matched spindle????? to begin with...... because I don't feel anything but it blasting thru the cut.
Now if it would only rain so my grass would grow!!!! Love my Z!

Thinking I may need to add the suspension seat soon!

/ Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install #15  
Removed two plastic pulley covers (Left them off), checked belt route and alignment, removed tension spring and reversed ends to be proper (spring to front post) and still bad vibration when blades engaged.
Chain lifted front of Z with B2650. Blades seemed tight and properly seated. Removed both blades and both seemed balanced. Replaced blades but swapped them to different side, tightened finger tight till almost totally seated then impact drill used to final tight. Dropped front, removed chain and bad vibration has disappeared. Mowed a small section with good results but didn't want to deprive my wife from getting to mow so didn't do but about 20 minutes worth. Will get her feedback after she mows some.
Odd...but good hear the vibe is gone. Suspension seat is in my future too but not high on the list and rightly so because I don't have all that much to cut. I do have some bumpy poorly groomed areas though.

/ Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install #16  
I didn't have to remove the deck?? I have a mower lift, it was no problem to get on after it's elevated. I used a air impact wrench to quickly loosen the bolts holding the blades on, then the rest was just installing bolts to hold on the new mulch panels.

/ Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install #17  
I didn't have to remove the deck?? I have a mower lift, it was no problem to get on after it's elevated. I used a air impact wrench to quickly loosen the bolts holding the blades on, then the rest was just installing bolts to hold on the new mulch panels.
Really? Wow... good job. IIRC, I couldn't get to at least one of the bolts because I needed access to the top side of the deck.

/ Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install
Really? Wow... good job. IIRC, I couldn't get to at least one of the bolts because I needed access to the top side of the deck.

Yea I agree..wow! I seen no way around removing the deck IMO.

/ Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install #19  

I to have the lift, it's called a B2650 with FEL. On my blade reinstall I lifted the front up until the back of the Z hit the ground. Could have lifted it totally off the ground and dangling but decided good judgement maybe kept me from doing that or fear.:eek:
Some of us are more mature (old) and maybe less agile and flexible and hate laying down on concrete while working.........ME.:D Much easier to have deck standing on it's edge/side while sitting on a mechanics stool. So, all things considered I guess I'd still remove the deck to install the kit if I were to do it over. I would use my tractor to lift the front higher than I did with a floor jack to remove deck if I were to do it again. I used battery impact drills and air wrench for all bolt removal and install work.

/ Kubota Z122R Mulch Kit Install #20  
(this is my disclaimer :) ... I have a 121S, which has the 3-blade set up... so I may be speaking out of my rear in regards to the 122R you guys have, but trying to be helpful... it could be entirely different!)

:) Yep, I love working on the thing.. but I didn't want to remove the deck, wasn't sure how on quick glance. I have a mower lift due to the black clay soil we have. I clean the underside frequently enough to need a lift.. comes in very handy. For the mulcher kit, make it easy on yourself and lay it out BEFORE you try to install it. You'll notice Kubota made them fit in a certain order... some of the parts 'stair-step' into each other. You'll also notice there are a few predrilled holes in the mower deck that will provide support bolt holes to hold onto the mulch kit..

Good luck!!!