Kumho Tires

/ Kumho Tires #21  
Just put a set of Falken tires on my 2007 Tundra.Discount tire told me they are made by cooper tire.I have ordered several sets of tires from discount tire over the net ( they don't have a store in my area) They are a pleasure to do business with

/ Kumho Tires
Just put a set of Falken tires on my 2007 Tundra.Discount tire told me they are made by cooper tire.I have ordered several sets of tires from discount tire over the net ( they don't have a store in my area) They are a pleasure to do business with

As many stores as they have, I'm surprised they don't have one in almost any area.:laughing: We have at least 3 within 10 miles. But they say they only have 850 stores in 25 states, so I reckon that still leaves lots of room for growth.:D I've never bought tires on the Internet. And with only one or two exceptions, I've bought them from places that do the mounting and balancing themselves.

/ Kumho Tires #23  
Tires on the net are expensive to ship, between 14-20 per tire. But i still can come out cheaper many times actually the last 6 tires i have bought have been over then net and have saved tons, almost $100 or more per set than a local store. The big chains like firestone and goodyear are the biggest ripoff artists, they charge huge amounts for their tires. I like the no name ones like multimile, turbo tech, starfire, wild country, the falkens, fuzions (firstone budget line) and any other no name. They last just as long in my opinion and are a better deal. The last set that i got from a buddy/guy up by the farm was for my ranger, also got a set for the saturn from him. But he would sell you the tire for his "dealer" cost and just have u pay $10 per tire to mount them. I know it was the price as he showed me invoices on some and i was looking at his dealer order site and seeing prices. He could beat others by about $100. The problem with tire places is that they want to make $30-50 profit on each tire plus charge labor. And i have found this for places that dont even ahve the tires in stock in my small town. Thats just rediculous!!!!

The problem with the discount tire that i have noticed from the web and the store is that the store has a "limited" amout of tires availible at least on the web site that are availible in the store. For example for my ranger they show 1 tire in my size in the store, but online i think there is close to 5 tires. The store price is not just the web price minus shipping its just a bit cheaper.

I have found walmart is a huge ripoff, i was lookin at a certain set of tires (dont remember name) at walmart. I would of had to drive an hour to the walmart with a tire center to get my "free dilivery" it would of taken them 10 days, i found discount tire direct had the same tires for the same price shipped to my house!!! And i dont pay the tire tax or sales tax taht way either.

If you put the time into it you can come out a head but you really need to know something about tires. I am pretty good with them and the jargon as i sold tires for a brief period. But even me can get burned like i posted abouve with my Khumo tires that had a treadware rating of like 680 but they ended up wearing like a treadware 320. I mean that would get anyone its an outright lie.

EDIT: i am sorry i was not giving the Khumo tires full credit they say they ARE 85,000 MILE tires!!!

Here is the link to the CR webpage i was referring to for those of you who think i am blowing this all out of proportion or am just mad, well i am mad but justified pull to the bottom and read the specs then read the reviews. NO i am not one of those that review this, if you dont beleive that all my vehicles are in my signature line here and the Toyota Highlander is the one with the Khumos.

Link:http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...models/overview/kumho-solus-kr21-99026491.htm

/ Kumho Tires
The problem with the discount tire that i have noticed from the web and the store is that the store has a "limited" amout of tires availible at least on the web site that are availible in the store. For example for my ranger they show 1 tire in my size in the store, but online i think there is close to 5 tires. The store price is not just the web price minus shipping its just a bit cheaper.

When you consider the number of tire brands, types, sizes, etc., there's just no way a store can stock all of them. But yes, it's a little inconvenient when any store doesn't have what you want in stock. In fact, when I bought the new P225/70R15 100T B.F. Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A for my Ranger, I knew exactly what I wanted, and I not only compared prices, but checked availability at my Ford dealer, Sears, and NTB (I forgot the others). Anyway NONE OF THEM had those tires in the 15" although they had them in the 16". So I ordered them at my local Discount Tire store and they told me they normally would have been shipped from Houston, but this time they had to come from Chicago.

i am sorry i was not giving the Khumo tires full credit they say they ARE 85,000 MILE tires!!!

:laughing:The young fellow at Discount Tire just grinned, but said, "No way they'd last that long."

But . . . I'm not doubting anything you said about your experience; just wonder if those tires might be worth buying because they're so cheap at Discount Tire. However, apparently I'm not going to need new tires for awhile yet.

/ Kumho Tires #25  
I thought the same as u bird, no way they will last 85k I was hopeing for 60K and really 50k would of made me happy as that's what all the no name tiresclaimed in an AT tread. But to get 24K out of a set of 85k tires!!! I mean that's the kind of miles I use to get out of 35k tires!!!

/ Kumho Tires
I thought the same as u bird, no way they will last 85k I was hopeing for 60K and really 50k would of made me happy as that's what all the no name tiresclaimed in an AT tread. But to get 24K out of a set of 85k tires!!! I mean that's the kind of miles I use to get out of 35k tires!!!

I'd certainly agree with you, but wonder about that 85k claim, and whether Discount Tire would warranty them or not. A few years ago, I was not rotating tires on our Ford Windstar, and of course the front ones wear considerably faster than the rear ones. I had bought just 2 tires a couple of times, but mentioned to the guy at Discount Tire that I wished I had a new set of 4 and start rotating them, but that 2 of my existing tires were too good to replace right now. He measured tread depth of all 4, did a little prorated calculations, and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse for 4 new tires.:laughing: That's the only "warranty" claim I've had with them, if you could call that warranty.

/ Kumho Tires #27  
i didn't get them from discount. I got them from tires easy.com. Khumo said they would warrant them butdont feel the hastle is worth it.

/ Kumho Tires #28  
I've run 2 sets of the kr21 Solus tires on my wife's 2006 Altima and only got about 30K out of them. I'm a professional mechanic and fussy about maintenance so it wasn't due to lack of air pressure or rotation or alignment. The tires rode & handled very well, really liked their wet weather traction but the mileage turned me against them. This last set of tires I installed some Michelin Harmony, they are supposed to be 80K tires, we'll see ....

/ Kumho Tires #29  
yep same here im no pro but better than most as far as how and what I do to them.. They do handle well and ride quiet I think and wear nice and even. Never had them slip, shy of peeling out when wet

/ Kumho Tires #30  
Kumho Ecsta's are popular in the performance car world. Ive had 2 sets and very happy with them. i know half a dozen other people with multipul sets and all keep going back.