Kumho Tires

/ Kumho Tires #31  
The wife and i were discussing her tires last night as she saw them and commented again how they were worn smooth almost, most places the wear stips are worn even.

Anyway she told be the accident was like late august, or early september. We went to a wedding out of town and were in a rental truck then. The place had the vehicle for like 3 weeks due to a slow insurance company handeling thier business, basically i had the wrecked toyota in my dive for almost a week. I told them due to impact near the tire i was not driving it due to not knowing the safety of it at the time. It took them a while to arrange a roll back because i was not near their normal zone (they were a local company). They were pleasant and no big deal i had it fixed at a good place i chose in town and i liked the work, plus we had a rental from the next day so was not a big deal.

ANYWAY sorry for the sidetrack.

Like i said she drives about 13k a year on that vehicle max of 14k. this september will be 2 years. so there is no way that she even has 30K on those tires more like 25k probably. Like i said the vehicle was alighned with the Khumo tires on it after the REPAIR, this was done at the toyota dealer as thier body shop did the work. I have rotated the tires myself and monitor the air pressure. Other than a staple or something in one of them which had it run low for a few months till i spotted the staple after adding air a few times, no holes or low tirs. This low pressure situation caused excessive wear on the one tire, but honestly just about 1/32-2/32 more wear and the other tires are still not much better. The one with the staple is worn to wear strips at all location and maybe 2-3 out of 4 strips are worn on the others. When i say this they are not super worn on shoulders or the middle just mildly taller in the middle but maybe not 1/32 difference across the tread, which is still uneven but for tires thats really not considered uneven wear, its more a function of tire pressure or fast cornering in my opinion. And like i said i monitor air and the one tire was the only one i ever had a real problem with. The others were just mere atmospheric pressure changes due to temp.

/ Kumho Tires #32  
I had Kumho tires that came on my wife's new car. JUNK and after 11 months and 18,000 miles my wife came home and said I am driving your new car till you get those tire off my car.
THE car dealer helped by giving me a new set of toyo's for half price ( I checked 2 tire stores and they were really half price) NO KUMHO's ever again!

/ Kumho Tires #33  
I know I am trashing Khumo, due to my recent experience, but I have had khumos that I bought as the cheapest tire for my old car back in college or HS. THey were a good deal and like 35-40k tires, I was pleased with them for the price, but these recent ones, they were not the cheapest tire either, and I was going by their warrenty, they were not expensve but deffinitly not the cheapest.