3-Point Hitch L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #231  
   / L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #233  
Just read most of this post(It's raining)and I didn't realize I might have a problem after owning L3800 for over two years. Now I'm going to go out later and check my 3ph for jerkiness. Been liking the tractor more and more as I use it and find other uses I never even thought of as this is my first decent tractor with fel. I love the quik-tach feature. Mine has the sliding 3ph stabilizer arms and this is the bare bones L3800 gear drive. Is that optional?

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #234  
Just read most of this post(It's raining)and I didn't realize I might have a problem after owning L3800 for over two years. Now I'm going to go out later and check my 3ph for jerkiness. Been liking the tractor more and more as I use it and find other uses I never even thought of as this is my first decent tractor with fel. I love the quik-tach feature. Mine has the sliding 3ph stabilizer arms and this is the bare bones L3800 gear drive. Is that optional?

It is optional.. The normal adjuster is a turnbuckle. Perhaps your dealer orders his tractors with it because the turnbuckle is more trouble for most people. To test for jerky hitch syndrome, put an implement on the 3pt. and attempt to raise it slowly and smoothly. Some are apparently better than others for some reason.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #235  
It is optional.. The normal adjuster is a turnbuckle. Perhaps your dealer orders his tractors with it because the turnbuckle is more trouble for most people. To test for jerky hitch syndrome, put an implement on the 3pt. and attempt to raise it slowly and smoothly. Some are apparently better than others for some reason.

The issue mostly presents when trying to do fine adjustments with weight on it. If you smoothly raise it a large distance or with no weight on the hitch, not so much. Raise your box blade 1" & your bouncing a bit.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #237  
Or, try putting a drawbar in the arms and stand on it while you try to inch the arms up. It'll feel like someone tapping the soles of your feet with a hammer.
You're better off not checking it, really. If it is jerky, you'll only get pissed off like the rest of us ;)

Sean

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #238  
I would have never noticed it if I hadn't of read about it here first. :D

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #240  
When my L3200 was delivered, as the dealer was giving me an orientation, I took notice of the jerky 3 pt. lift. I asked him about it, and he said that's because the hydraulics are cold, it will smooth out!
It didn't.