l2501 pinned loader to ssqa

/ l2501 pinned loader to ssqa #1  

Smf834

Bronze Member
Tractor
L2501
I am looking at a L2501 with pinned loader bucket configuration. What is the way to convert it to ssqa/qa? Is ssqa/qa the same thing? My end goal is to be able to use a stump bucket or fork. Thank you for all the advice in advance. What is the cost to put the quick attach on the tractor?

I don't have access to a welder. Would it be easier to find a tractor with the quick attach options already installed?

Last edited:
   / l2501 pinned loader to ssqa #2  
I just did this conversion on my L3200 which shares the same front loader.

You'd need the Kubota Quick Coupler, Wholegoods part # L2216, which lets you connect to any SSQA attachments.

You can either convert your existing front bucket to SSQA with a weld-on plate ($100-150, plus a lot of grinding and welding) or buy the Kubota SSQA bucket for the L series, Wholegoods part # L2256.

I recall paying about $450 for the coupler and about $600 for the bucket.

Any Kubota dealer can order these parts through the Kubota Wholegoods catalog. Most dealers will keep both items in stock under normal situations, but inventory has been wacky for the last year due to Covid and supply chain issues. My dealer had the bucket in stock but I had to wait about 30 days for the coupler.

/ l2501 pinned loader to ssqa #3  
SSQA is the interface between the loader & the bucket or impliment.

QA can mean multiple things. Typically it refers to being able to quickly remove the loader from the tractor. Sometimes people can use QA to refer to SSQA as well, as you know it's part of the SSQA accronym.

I'm pretty sure all economy L loaders are QA, but not all are SSQA. Its a bit of work & expense to convert a pin on to SSQA as already noted. But not the end of the world or a deal breaker. Standardish part to buy from Kubota or aftermarket sources if you can't make one.

I use my SSQA pallet forks more than my bucket & wouldn't have a machine without SSQA. I had a L3200 for 4 years & my L4060 for 5. Never had the loader off either once. I hear it's a 5 minute operation, but never bothered. SSQA gets used about every other time the machine is used.

/ l2501 pinned loader to ssqa #4  
Good advise above.

One word of warning, the L series loader it pretty tough for a tractor loader, but I can see a stump bucket tearing it apart. I tried popping a few small stumps with my forks, and the loader did not like that. And these were like 3 inch stumps. See the results of one bending the curl cylinders on a much larger Massey in a current thread here. Those buckets belong on a rugged skidsteer loader, not a tractor.

/ l2501 pinned loader to ssqa #5  
The Wholegoods kits seem to work- the previous owner of my L3400 did convert his loader and bucket to SSQA, and from the looks of the bucket's back side, there was indeed some grinding and welding involved! He did a good job, though, and repainted everything to look like new.

/ l2501 pinned loader to ssqa #6  
Have one tractor with the OEM Kubota SSQA and one with an ATI SSQA and comparing them side by side, my opinion is, the ATI is much more robust.

/ l2501 pinned loader to ssqa #7  
It was not hard to switch my TC40DA loader over to SSQA.