Oil & Fuel L2502 smokes really bad at cold start

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #1  

Green Acres Homestead

Veteran Member
NewBrunswick & Nova Scotia www.lostcaper.com
Tractor
Kubota L4740 sold now have a new L2502 as off Jan 2023
Even at not so cold 5 celcuis or 35 f, my new L2502 runs rought and smokes like crazy for about 3 minutes. There will be no mice or rats survive in my garage.

Anybody else have this trouble?

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #2  
Both mine smoke a bit when cold. Nature of a diesel that you cannot get away from. Incomplete combustion in cold cylinders.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #3  
Are you using the glow plugs?

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #4  
I thought you was going to force the dealer to take that tractor back…..

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start
Both mine smoke a bit when cold. Nature of a diesel that you cannot get away from. Incomplete combustion in cold cylinders.
My L4740 kubota made a few puffs but this bellows between 1 to 3 minutes.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start
I thought you was going to force the dealer to take that tractor back…..
He gave me the option. It was down 2 litres of udt. One litre to show on stick. He gusnaenteed the tranny and gave me $500. Only 2 hours on it should I don’t think it was hurt.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #8  
I just get a little puff on the l3800 when it starts . I use Power Service fuel Supplement all year long... (white bottle)

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #9  
I mean, with no DPF, that's normal

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #10  
Even at not so cold 5 celcuis or 35 f, my new L2502 runs rought and smokes like crazy for about 3 minutes. There will be no mice or rats survive in my garage.

Anybody else have this trouble?
Nope, when it is really cold our Kubota will smoke and run rough for about 15 or 20 seconds max after starting. Then it settles down, runs smooth & no more smoke at any constant RPM.
However, it will always blow a gust of black smoke when changing RPM no matter if it is cold or totally warmed up .... always has done that.