L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice

/ L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #281  
Wow, almost a year after!?!?!? Thanks for the update!!! Glad to hear a new valve works for you...

Last edited:
   / L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #282  
I finally got the bill for the replacement of the cam and the 3 point hitch valve. Part numbers for the cam and valve are below. Total bill was $1514.15. Kubota warranty paid $462.94, even though it was long out of warranty. I'm happy.

TC220-99990 Kit Cam
31351-39604 ASSY VALVE

Glad it worked out. I see by the part number you have the new improved PTO cam. Thanks for the update.

/ L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #283  
After about 5 mintes of use I heard the grinding noise and the tiller stopped. I tried adjusting the PTO cable and it got a little better, in that it could run the tiller when it was only a few inches deep, but when I dropped it deeper into the ground the grinding was back.

The same thing has happened on my L2800 HST after 1,000 hours of which maybe half those hours were running a rototiller or brushcutter. From this thread it seems I should be happy to get so many hours before the cam clutch failed - Nope I'm not.

/ L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #284  
Anything problems with L2800-L3400 peaks my curiosity even if its a 10 year old thread, because I have a (07) L3400 DT, so far what I've learned is that it takes me more then 4 cups of coffee to catch up on the reading, I'm on page 4, more coffee tomorrow, but so far my thinking is the PTO should be the last thing to break on a tractor, so far my PTO is working good.
My problem is hold the clutch down for 8 sec. before put in gear, use to be 30 sec. until Kubota recommended 2 more gal. hyd. oil after much complaining, but this year my problem is it gets locked in gear, have to pop the clutch several times to get the tractor out of gear, my research on forums are saying pressure plate problem.

/ L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #285  
With the DT you have a different PTO setup than the problematic ones on the HST.

/ L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #286  
With the DT you have a different PTO setup than the problematic ones on the HST.
If I had time for a couple more cups of coffee yesterday I would of got that answer, but thanks your same answer it was alot quicker.
After skim reading through this old thread, I see your the last HST L3400 tractor man standing, you should get a ten gun salute because your still here and you must be satisfied with the new PTO cam fix. The OP and everyone else must of got theirs fixed too, or traded up/over, or long gone to meet their maker.

If anyone else has some dirty laundry with their tractor, this forum makes a good washing machine, the only one that some of us can afford, But the L3400 has got it's last washing, I think it's been replaced with a new and maybe improved model.

/ L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #287  
...The OP and everyone else must of got theirs fixed too, or traded up/over, or long gone to meet their maker...
Nope, still waiting for it to break... sold my tiller which was the only thing making it "skip". Works fine with everything else...

/ L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #288  
My PTO cams have never failed. I have 410 hours on it. Most of that time is with the PTO running. I only use it for mowing and snow blowing and those seem to get along with the PTO. I think roto-tilling is a problem. I run my tiller with the Ford 1910 which seems to have a bullet proof PTO.

So far the only problem I have had is the sight glass and a PTO engagement cable breaking. Those were both easy to replace. It's been a great machine.

/ L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #289  
Nope, still waiting for it to break... sold my tiller which was the only thing making it "skip". Works fine with everything else...
Hopefully the PTO wont break now, I think your warrantee ran out last week, but it's to bad this size tractor wouldn't run your tiller.

/ L2800-L3400 PTO Making the right choice #290  
...to bad this size tractor wouldn't run your tiller.
tractor and tiller works, it's tractor, ROCKS and tiller... that's a problem.