L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question
Does it not have enough power to go up the hill? Is that with the loader filled? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #12  
I moved piles of rocks up a steep hill today and there was little difference in the performance with the loader full or empty. I'm interpreting this as a signal that the engine isn't running at max. capacity. It runs up the hill fine but I have to lay on the revs to make it charge. I haven't checked the total weight with the FEL and BH but it must be over 4000 lbs. This is a lot of weight for a 1500 c.c. engine, even given the low gearing, and it would be interesting to see if the 3430 performed any differently.

Whats your oppinon for what I need. I don't have any hills all flat. Think I should just get the 3430 or 3130? I know the dealer won't give me an honest answer if you know what I mean.

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #14  
The mid PTO is a $311.00 option.

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #15  
I like my 3130 and think it's tractor enough for what I want to use it for. My instinct tells me that the additional 2.6hp is not worth the extra $2k CAN I was quoted for the 3430. However, I shouldn't have made the decision on instinct. This was a big investment and I should have gone the distance and tried out the 3430 so I could have made an informed decision rather than rely on intuition. I'd recommend you do the same.

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #16  
Hello, good evening and welcome.
I have one, l3130 w/r4's, 723 w/72"hd bucket, bh90 w/18"bucket.
It weighs 6116 pounds without loaded tires.
tractor 3305
bh90 990
18" bucket 152
la723 1058
72" hd bucket 331
(2) front tires 80 (est)
(2) rear tires 200 (est)
pounds that is.

When I bought mine (12-03) the mid pto was NOT COMPATIBLE with the bh90 sub frame, you cannot have both. Sorry. Showstopper?

Is the price reasonable? Hmmm. To be spending that kind of money you should be comparing at least three dealer prices. If you think the dealer isn't giving you a straight answer concerning the difference between l3130 and l3430 that is all the more reason to continue shopping. In the end you will have to rely on the dealer for one thing or another and comfort is a big plus with a purchase as large as this.
Only you can tell which model is best suited for your intentions. Try before you buy. Everyone else's opinions are only useful as a guide. If the l3130 doesn't have the uumph you need, I doubt the l3430 will.
My l3130 will do 16mph on the flat, done it, scary! Uphills slow her way down.
Just like high school, some one will always have a bigger louder shinier whatever. Buy what suits you and be happy for a long time.
All the best,
Martin

It slow down up a hill, But makes it? If I don't need the backhoe all the time that should make a differnece correct? Like I said before I have no hills, But will be moving snow in the winter with the bucket or snowblower and don't want to struggle moving that stuff around on FLAT ground. Also should I get a Ballast box for the rear in case I don't have the hoe on there?

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #18  
Please re-read the above post about NOT COMPATIBILE as it pertains to your question of using the mid pto to drive a snowblower.
The hoe subframe stays in place, hoe on or not.

I leave my hoe on when plowing. There is little chance of getting stuck with it in place. Save your money on the ballast box. The ballast box can't reach back and pull you out of the ditch like the hoe can. My drive is on a bit of an incline in places and I have never lost traction under any conditions when bucketing snow.

Yes it makes it up the hill (8' rise in 100'), I do let up on the hydro pedal to lessen the ground speed and lessen the load on the engine too otherwise it bogs down and smokes and we all know that smoking is bad for one.

Make sure it's what you will be happy with before signing.

All the best,
Martin

I think you are wrong. They offfer a Mid PTO now. I am calling the dealer now to verify. I will post my findings. Also I am a mechanic by trade and it should not smoke under a load at all. May have an injector problem or alot of blowby. May want to check compression on yours?

I just got off the phone with my dealer and was told that a MID PTO is availble for 300.00 for snowblower so I am gonna get that also. He told me a 3130 will be plenty of power to move snow on flat ground and slight inclines. 3830 is 31100.00 for you information and the 3430 $29500.00. He said I can try the all out under condtions f I want.