L3400 hydraulic leak

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #31  
Had the hose crack on me as well , L2800 . If it happens again I am going to find a piece of bent tubing with 90* radius I can slip over the factory metal tubing , and cut the hose off in the straight part , silly design , metal tubing should have been bent for the radius and rubber hose attached for intermediate connection .

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #32  
Seems like a 1" tubing will fit , so a 1" 90* with slip collar at one end clamp and/or O-ring , replaces bend in rubber hose .

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #33  
I found out today that I too have a leak in this hose. I have a L2800, '05 Model, 151 hours. Had noticed the difference in funtion on my loader lately then I found the leak. I am a novice when it comes to this and really am looking for some guidance to make sure I understand what I am doing.

The hose will be no problem to replace but the Owners Manual is not really clear on the fluid replacement. I assume you put the transmission oil in the tractor directly behind the seat, right? Large red cap with "Oil" on it. Problem is the manual talks about an "upper notch on the dipstick." The only dipstick I am aware of is the one for the engine oil.

So really my questions are 1) Is the spot behind the seat the spot to add the transmission/hydraulic oil, and 2) Is there a dipstick or do you just add fluid and then check out the glass gauge for the level?

Thanks in advance for helping me with my ignorance on this subject.

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #34  
Hello, i had a 2005 L2800 almost the same as the L3400.....i had to replace that hose because it was cracked and dry rotted and sucking air.......therefore not working properly.............once i replaced the hose, it ran like new..........good luck.............Don

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #35  
I found out today that I too have a leak in this hose. I have a L2800, '05 Model, 151 hours. Had noticed the difference in funtion on my loader lately then I found the leak. I am a novice when it comes to this and really am looking for some guidance to make sure I understand what I am doing.

The hose will be no problem to replace but the Owners Manual is not really clear on the fluid replacement. I assume you put the transmission oil in the tractor directly behind the seat, right? Large red cap with "Oil" on it. Problem is the manual talks about an "upper notch on the dipstick." The only dipstick I am aware of is the one for the engine oil.

So really my questions are 1) Is the spot behind the seat the spot to add the transmission/hydraulic oil, and 2) Is there a dipstick or do you just add fluid and then check out the glass gauge for the level?

Thanks in advance for helping me with my ignorance on this subject.

Yes the red cap is the fill hole and just look at the sight guage. You won't loose but a trickle of fluid.

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #36  
Thank you for the reply. I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something stupid. Thank goodness for this forum and those who pass along their wisdom.

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #37  
Hmmmm. Mine is cracked also. Power steering is acting up. 2005 with about 150 Hrs.

Also, I had the PTO clutch oil filler mod done several years ago, and I noticed the other day that the crook-necked black breather tube is missing. I noticed it when the tractor dumped fluid out of the breather nipple where the tube goes. It sprayed about a pint of fluid all over the back of the tractor. I can't find a part number for the tube...

Regards,

- Just Gary

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #38  
Hmmmm. Mine is cracked also. Power steering is acting up. 2005 with about 150 Hrs.

Also, I had the PTO clutch oil filler mod done several years ago, and I noticed the other day that the crook-necked black breather tube is missing. I noticed it when the tractor dumped fluid out of the breather nipple where the tube goes. It sprayed about a pint of fluid all over the back of the tractor. I can't find a part number for the tube...

Regards,

- Just Gary

I don't have the mod on my tractor, but it sounds like you are describing part 110 in the attached picture, which is part number 38180-3714 "Breather." I could not find a price for that part, which means you might have to purchase the whole assembly (TC220-99680) for $108. :eek:
110.jpg

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #39  
mjfox6 -

Yup, that's the part that is now missing. I'm hoping it's just a hose, because that's what I put on to keep the rain out for now. I'll have to do a better job of crooking the hose I have so that it doesn't pinch, yet points downward. Right now it is pinched off (and the tractor does not like that; the leaky cracked hose got *very* leaky when I let the tractor idle with the breather pinched.

Since I have to order the hose, I'll ask about the breather also. If I can't get it, I'll stick with the piece of tube and crook it just right. Thanks for the part number.

Regards,

- Just Gary

/ L3400 hydraulic leak #40  
mjfox6 -

It looks like you dropped a zero from the number. It is 38180-37140, and about $5. My dealer had that and the return hose in stock. Now I can change out the one with the duct tape on it!

Thanks again.

Regards,

- Just Gary