L35 Engine valve adjustment

/ L35 Engine valve adjustment
Kubby's are all cold clearance.

The valves have never been adjusted and I'm at 2000 hrs currently. One reason is the difficulty of getting clearance around the top of the engine. Looks like at minimum the air cleaner and hoses would have to be removed. The fuel tank sits right over the number 3 cylinder and the loader support frame restricts access. Getting to the inspection port on the flywheel looks impossible, although that isn't a show stopper since observing valve opening turning the engine is easy. I've done multiple Google searches and never got a hit from anyone who has ever actually done it on the L35. At 800 hrs, the recommended interval for adjusting, I asked the Kubota dealer about it and he said, just run it so I have for another 1200 hrs. with no problems. I'm getting a rattle of sorts that could be the valves or could be some other harmonic vibration from engine combustion. Actually making the adjustment would take 10 min. if accessible was not an issue. Thanks for all the suggestions. BTW I've searched OrangeTractorTalks-Everything Kubota with no luck either. Next thought is to stop in at my local Kubota dealer and talk to an old timer mechanic who's seen everything.

/ L35 Engine valve adjustment #13  
Most units require removal if a certain amount of accessories / components to access and remove the valve cover, nothing new there. Just like a vehicle, to access the overhead requires removal of a certain amount of stuff.

The rattle you hear is most likely a rocker way out of adjustment. Setting the overhead will also restore lost power because sloppy valves don't open as far as they should and don't stay open as long as the should. I put off the valve adjustment on one of my M9's quite a while just because of the access issue and it was noticeable it was down on power and noisy (ticking) but it had to go in a few months ago (winter) for some work at the dealer so I had them set the overhead when it was there. They also put it on the dyno and it puts out (now) 93 PTO horsepower, quite a bit above the factory rated 85. It's quiet (as quiet as a direct injection diesel can be) ane the torque rise is back.

Valve adjustment plays a big part in how an engine runs and the noise it produces. Kubota engine are all solid lifter engines btw. No 'hydraulic lifters' to self adjust themselves.

/ L35 Engine valve adjustment #14  
Looking for a general procedure for accessing the engine top for valve adjustment and rotating engine to timing mark on flywheel. My L35 shop manual skips all this and just shows the adjustment which is the easy part.
I am replacing the head on my L35 and having the same problem with not being able to see the TDC mark to reset the valves (this is my first time EVER setting valves)…I noticed you got a lot of generic answers but none that addressed that we are not going to split the tractor or remove the loader to set the valves.
What did you end up doing?