L3800 adding a remote?

/ L3800 adding a remote? #1  

Elkins45

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
I have a 2013 L3800 (gear) with a loader. I would like to add a remote to it. What do I need to buy and how much should I expect it to cost?

/ L3800 adding a remote? #2  
Does it already have a remote or none? Do you have a shop in mind or doing it yourself?

/ L3800 adding a remote? #3  
I have a L3700SU which is basically the same tractor. I bought a WR long plug and play set up a number of years back.. I think it was about 800-1k all in back then. It's been flawless all this time with my grapple.

/ L3800 adding a remote?
Does it already have a remote or none? Do you have a shop in mind or doing it yourself?
No remote, and DIY if possible.

/ L3800 adding a remote? #6  
Cost of parts and materials will depend on what you want as a finished product, and where you shop. A single remote can be done for under $500 from some sources or $1000 or more from others. If you have a loader (with power beyond already) that's a good start. If you know what you're doing, what to shop for, and can fabricate a little , you can do it all yourself.

/ L3800 adding a remote? #7  
If you get it from your dealer expect to pay just under a grand and it's user installable and the Kubota remotes come with very detailed instructions as well as all hardware but you will need to buy a tube of 3Bond sealant which is good stuff and I use it all the time for non Kubota stuff as well. Better than RTV by a long shot. Your dealer will have it and I bet his techs use it too. All Kubota's come with a blanking plate where the remote mounts that covers and seals the orfices. You will also need the linkage but I believe the remotes come with that. I have to deliver some new tractors for my dealer tomorrow afternoon so I'll check and see if everything is complete in the kit. I can look on the parts computer. Oner thing I always get when buying a new tractor or looking at a used one Kubota of course, I run nothing else, is if they have a full package of remotes, I can always add a flow control valve and they aren't expensive and I need that when I have my 3 point stump grinder on the back and for me. it's a very handy thing for me to have. Kind of surprised you didn't add that when you purchased the unit. Something I always do and installed at the factory that are a bit cheaper too. Every owner needs at least one set of remotes but I need 3 sets (6 outlets) and I could actually use a 4th set but Kubota only has 3 sets available except on their big units with the big payment I don't need.

/ L3800 adding a remote? #9  
I'm fairly sure that Kubota no longer offers any rear remotes for your model. None of the 3rd party suppliers have the valves all nice and tucked away like the factory sets usually are. The valves are going to be exposed, typically above the fender.

So you can purchase from a 3rd party such as Land Pride or Summit for 2 examples. I don't recommend either, but a lot of people buy from them.

Or build a set on your own which is going to be the least costly without any doubt. Be sure that you get valves that do not have excessive internal leakage. Ask whoever you purchase from what their warranty is regarding this issue, it is fairly common with economy-type valves. Most simply don't cover the issue, just the way it is seems to be the common answer from what I have seen.

If you want you can purchase from Fit Rite Hydraulics something similar to what is pictured, but this is not cheap and has a 22 week lead time.

There is nothing like having hydraulic adjustments at your fingertips.

Good luck with your research and decision.

Attachments

• IMG_3795.JPG
    IMG_3795.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • tractor from rear quarter.jpg
    tractor from rear quarter.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • rear connect view.jpg
    rear connect view.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • rear quarter view 2.jpg
    rear quarter view 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
   / L3800 adding a remote? #10  
I'm fairly sure that Kubota no longer offers any rear remotes for your model. None of the 3rd party suppliers have the valves all nice and tucked away like the factory sets usually are. The valves are going to be exposed, typically above the fender.

So you can purchase from a 3rd party such as Land Pride or Summit for 2 examples. I don't recommend either, but a lot of people buy from them.

Or build a set on your own which is going to be the least costly without any doubt. Be sure that you get valves that do not have excessive internal leakage. Ask whoever you purchase from what their warranty is regarding this issue, it is fairly common with economy-type valves. Most simply don't cover the issue, just the way it is seems to be the common answer from what I have seen.

If you want you can purchase from Fit Rite Hydraulics something similar to what is pictured, but this is not cheap and has a 22 week lead time.

There is nothing like having hydraulic adjustments at your fingertips.

Good luck with your research and decision.
Mtn View -- what you show in these pics are 3 remotes with controls, right? Would that group of valves be fed from a power beyond port somewhere? ...and then a return hose back to the sump?