L3800 adding a remote?

/ L3800 adding a remote?
What about this option? It requires you to switch out a function when using the remote but for something like a top link that shouldn’t be a big problem. My old MF required switching between the loader and the 3 point hitch and I managed to get used to that.

/ L3800 adding a remote? #12  
Mtn View -- what you show in these pics are 3 remotes with controls, right? Would that group of valves be fed from a power beyond port somewhere? ...and then a return hose back to the sump?
Yes, the power beyond port at the loader valve feeds the rear remote valves. The power beyond port of the rear remotes goes down and connects at the hydraulic block where the loader power beyond previously was connected.
The return to tank lines are teed together at the hydraulic block under the right side floorboard.

Attachments

• hydraulic connection plate.jpg
    hydraulic connection plate.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • hydraulicblockannotated.jpg
    hydraulicblockannotated.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / L3800 adding a remote? #13  
What about this option? It requires you to switch out a function when using the remote but for something like a top link that shouldn’t be a big problem. My old MF required switching between the loader and the 3 point hitch and I managed to get used to that.

It is an option, no doubt.

/ L3800 adding a remote? #14  
I'm fairly sure that Kubota no longer offers any rear remotes for your model.
I believe they do but I'll check later on. I will be going there a bit later to play delivery driver and drop off some stuff. If I can get parts for my 2002 M9's with no issue, I believe they can and my dealer might just have a kit on the shelf. He keeps stuff in stock that I consider 'antiques...lol

/ L3800 adding a remote? #15  

If it fits your needs -- do it ! I do not see why one diverter valve and some hose costs $500 however...
Certainly an hydraulic top link only needs adjustment once in a while (for me at least) so making that an either/or with some other function should be fine. Also the hyd top link is a very forgiving application with no real flow requirement, etc.

Last edited:
   / L3800 adding a remote? #16  
Personally, I don't care much for "kits" in this case. As I see it, kits are for people who aren't really sure of what they're doing. You buy what someone else thinks is what you need. But if you buy one you're at the mercy of what comes in the box. If it fits/works where and how you want it, great. If not, it's back to town for some different fittings, different hoses, more hardware, etc. The cost of the kit is often full retail on all parts, plus some profit for the supplier. Almost got to be more expensive than sourcing your own parts, because you see the individual prices as you go along and choose the sources yourself. Myself, I enjoy figuring out what parts I need and then hunting them down. Seems like the better way to go for me.

Last edited:
   / L3800 adding a remote? #17  
Personally, I don't care much for "kits" in this case. As I see it, kits are for people who aren't really sure of what they're doing. You but what someone else thinks is what you need. But if you buy one you're at the mercy of what comes in the box. If it fits/works where and how you want it, great. If not, it's back to town for some different fittings, different hoses, more hardware, etc. The cost of the kit is often full retail on all parts, plus some profit for the supplier. Almost got to be more expensive than sourcing your own parts, because you see the individual prices as you go along and choose the sources yourself. Myself, I enjoy figuring out what parts I need and then hunting them down. Seems like the better way to go for me.
Everyone does not have fabrication abilities and or the machinery to do these things even if they happen to know how to use the machinery to build the different mounts.

But you are correct, many kits have items that you pay for that are worthless for a particular set of circumstances. That's one of the reasons that I do not supply the 3 supply line hoses for the valves, to many variables to be considered. I do supply what I call a measuring hose though. This hose mimics the hydraulic hoses very well and allows the customer to determine where and how they want to route the hoses as well as get the length needed.

If a person reads many of the DIY posts, almost every one of them has purchased items multiple times because they either get items wrong or simply don't think or don't realize everything that is required to build these things.

The other thing, people don't realize the difference between all the different qualities there are for this stuff and usually just get the cheapest stuff they can find. After all, they are trying to save a few dollars.

While it works, how well it works is easily debatable.

Good luck to the OP. :)

/ L3800 adding a remote? #18  
I agree about the kits being expensive, however- I am totally happy with my tractorinnovations kit for my L3400!

/ L3800 adding a remote? #19  
I agree about the kits being expensive, however- I am totally happy with my tractorinnovations kit for my L3400!
If you're happy with what you got for what it cost, that's all that counts.

/ L3800 adding a remote? #20  
Reading all of the above makes a pretty good argument for this:

Find a well-established local shop (not a dealer) whose shop rates are about 2/3 that of the dealer or less. Tell them what the object is -- x number of remotes and the preferred type of connectors -- and get a price for doing the job. Have a conversation. Q&A. Have it done and over with. Such a reputable shop will make choices on connectors and hoses etc. based on his familiarity, what he has in stock and knowing what he has to end up with. Unless you are a capable experienced hydraulic installation guy you'll be better off and glad you hired him. You also can probably learn a lot while he is doing it and may be in a better position to DIY the next round.