L3800 adding a remote?

/ L3800 adding a remote?
Personally, I don't care much for "kits" in this case. As I see it, kits are for people who aren't really sure of what they're doing. You buy what someone else thinks is what you need. But if you buy one you're at the mercy of what comes in the box. If it fits/works where and how you want it, great. If not, it's back to town for some different fittings, different hoses, more hardware, etc. The cost of the kit is often full retail on all parts, plus some profit for the supplier. Almost got to be more expensive than sourcing your own parts, because you see the individual prices as you go along and choose the sources yourself. Myself, I enjoy figuring out what parts I need and then hunting them down. Seems like the better way to go for me.
Where in central KY can I buy one of those diverter valves? I’m happy to build it myself if I can source the parts.

/ L3800 adding a remote? #22  
Where in central KY can I buy one of those diverter valves? I’m happy to build it myself if I can source the parts.
First you need to be sure what you are trying to do. For example, if you wanted to simply divert flow from an existing pressure line on your tractor to some new device, Amazon sells ( just search on these exact words)

Hydraulic Rotary Diverter Valve, 3 Way, Open Center, for $49.95

which would divert flow from say your loader frame lift cylinders (one hose) to some other device using one lever made onto the side of the valve. You'd need a return line from the new device to the sump (or return port back into the tractor loader valve.) For some infrequent operation of a cylinder [that you would want to do while not lifting your loader frame] that would be simple and inexpensive. You'd need the hose and connectors for the plumbing and decide whether or not you want quick disconnects for the new circuit.
But there is a bewildering array of all sorts of these valves, controls and connectors. They are all available on the internet (like Amazon and others) and it is not like you have to find a store there somewhere in Kentucky to buy the parts.

But that's why I said in post #20 I recommend you find a shop you can work with to get such things done and learn from them doing it. I sense this is not something you have experience ready to go to do it. You may find such a shop willing to do the job and go over a block diagram of what they would be connecting, the parts needed, etc. with you. I suppose it amounts to assembling a kit for you in the event you insist on installing it yourself.

Last edited:
   / L3800 adding a remote? #24