L3800 Won't Start.

/ L3800 Won't Start. #11  
bookemdano -- from your very name tag I know you came equipped with a good sense of humor. Sounds to me like maybe they missed a zerk somewhere in your personal chassis or forgot to check an electrical connection on your main pump.

Just kidding and wish you the best with those health issues !!

/ L3800 Won't Start.
bookemdano -- from your very name tag I know you came equipped with a good sense of humor. Sounds to me like maybe they missed a zerk somewhere in your personal chassis or forgot to check an electrical connection on your main pump.

Just kidding and wish you the best with those health issues !!
After Nam in 69 the only job I could find was as a cop in DC. First night on the street after
6 months in the academy I made a righteous arrest of a liquor store robber. Back then we
didn't have cell phones or even handheld radios. When walking a beat, yes we walked beats
back then, when you made an arrest you had to drag the dirtbag to the nearest call box.
generally at least a block away. Cuff him to a lamp post and phone in for a Paddy Wagon.
This was while all his homies were trying to take him away from you.
Anyway, when I got him to the Precinct House Lt Bowers said "Book him Dano". My
name is Daniel. The Dano part from Hawaii 5 O stuck and I've been Dano every since.
Even my wife of 54 years calls me Dano. ;) I retired from Law Enforcement Jan 8th
2014. Live way back in the woods with deer, turkey, hogs and all kinds of smaller
critters. Don't leave the holler unless it's necessary.
Dano
new driveway 4-29-17 (7).jpg
Tomato robber 003.jpg
IMG_0916 (1).jpg
103364.jpg
5-24-16 From the Dam (1).jpg

This is my home and we love our life here. Just need my Kubota to maintain it. Lived here
54 years. My ashes will be here when I'm gone.

/ L3800 Won't Start. #13  
I love it Dano ! Great story.

/ L3800 Won't Start.
I love it Dano ! Great story.
Thanks JWR. Like I tell my friends, millions of people spend millions of dollars to spend
a week or a weekend living and seeing what we live and see 365 days a year and since
it's been paid off over 30 years, all it costs us is the tax the government "imposes" for the
privilege of saying we own it. :rolleyes::sneaky:;)
But we do love it and I count myself as one very blessed man. See, back in 69, I was
on my way to the recruiter's office to re-up knowing my MOS would send me back to
Nam. I was early so I stopped at a cafe in Knoxville for a cup of coffee. As was my
habit at the time, I automatically turned to the Help Wanted ads and there it was,
and add for cops in DC and the were taking applications and doing interviews in
a hotel right down the street. I walked down there, filled out the application, interviewed
and 2 weeks later my wife and I were in DC and I was in the Academy. The rest
is history. Thanks to being early, I ended up with a career and retirement instead
of a plot in Arlington and my name on the Wall. I am a blessed man.
Thank you God. Amen
Dano

/ L3800 Won't Start. #15  
I have a L3800. I've been having a similar issue and it's been 1 of the switches on the little PTO on/off lever on the fender.

/ L3800 Won't Start.
I have a L3800. I've been having a similar issue and it's been 1 of the switches on the little PTO on/off lever on the fender.
I'll add this to the list of items to check or replace if it starts this again. Right now, greasing
the zerks to the HST pedal seems to have done the trick.
Thanks
Dano

/ L3800 Won't Start. #17  
The PTO cable and spring weakness are known issues on the L3800 (and others). If the PTO is not disengaged, the tractor will not start. To disengage the PTO, you’ll have to contort your body, reach under the right side of the seat, and manually actuate the PTO shift fork. It’s a pain in the a$$, but it’s the most common reason your kubota will not start, assuming that previously, it was starting normally.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / L3800 Won't Start.
The PTO cable and spring weakness are known issues on the L3800 (and others). If the PTO is not disengaged, the tractor will not start. To disengage the PTO, you’ll have to contort your body, reach under the right side of the seat, and manually actuate the PTO shift fork. It’s a pain in the a$$, but it’s the most common reason your kubota will not start, assuming that previously, it was starting normally.
Thanks. Mine started fine fore awhile after greasing the PTO zerks but has
started doing it again once in awhile. I'll try this next. It's only done it 2 or 3
times this summer so it may be awhile before I can.
Thanks,
Dano

/ L3800 Won't Start. #19  
Thanks JWR. Like I tell my friends, millions of people spend millions of dollars to spend
a week or a weekend living and seeing what we live and see 365 days a year and since
it's been paid off over 30 years, all it costs us is the tax the government "imposes" for the
privilege of saying we own it. :rolleyes::sneaky:;)
But we do love it and I count myself as one very blessed man. See, back in 69, I was
on my way to the recruiter's office to re-up knowing my MOS would send me back to
Nam. I was early so I stopped at a cafe in Knoxville for a cup of coffee. As was my
habit at the time, I automatically turned to the Help Wanted ads and there it was,
and add for cops in DC and the were taking applications and doing interviews in
a hotel right down the street. I walked down there, filled out the application, interviewed
and 2 weeks later my wife and I were in DC and I was in the Academy. The rest
is history. Thanks to being early, I ended up with a career and retirement instead
of a plot in Arlington and my name on the Wall. I am a blessed man.
Thank you God. Amen
Dano
Your service in Nam and the streets isn't lost on the guys on this site. You'll find we have a great deal of thankful for the ones who keep us free/safe.

I agree with the country living comments. People come to our place, in the middle of farm country, and love it in our backyard.

We, like you, don't take it for granted. We want to go camping we head to the woods or have a fire in the backyard.

/ L3800 Won't Start. #20  
Hey guys . . . Isn't there a starter relay under the dash on this model? If all the various safety switches are ok, seems like an intermittent failure to start when the key is turned would likely be a starter relay.

Just checking . . . Good luck with it.