L4400 busted rear axle housing

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing
Thanks for the info,and I will try to keep everyone posted.I found several cases on a different forum of housings busting and other cast pieces on kubota's cracking or busting.I have some pictures if I can figure out how to get them posted.

Thanks for the info,and I will try to keep everyone posted.I found several cases on a different forum of housings busting and other cast pieces on kubota's cracking or busting.I have some pictures if I can figure out how to get them posted.

Well I have a picture but im apparently not smart enough to put it on here.I will keep trying,it tells me file can be no larger than 100000 bytes. I compressed it but it still wont post.

Well I have a picture but im apparently not smart enough to put it on here.I will keep trying,it tells me file can be no larger than 100000 bytes. I compressed it but it still wont post.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #25  
At the top of page look for photos. You can post a picture there in larger sizes. Then post a link to it in this thread.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #26  
At the top of page look for photos. You can post a picture there in larger sizes. Then post a link to it in this thread.

I have a picture of the axle housing in the photo gallery.

I have a picture of the axle housing in the photo gallery.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #29  
Man! That's a whole chunck that fell out. That is right where the right lower link attaches to the axle housing. Had you been doing any heavy work with the box blade just prior to this?

That scares the heck out of me. I'm sure that is a freakish sort of thing, but if it happens after the warranty is up you'd be in for a megabuck repair. The L4400 comes with a 2 year warranty, three on the powertrain. I'm assuming the axle housing is considered part of the powertrain? It should be.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #30  
Man! That's a whole chunck that fell out. That is right where the right lower link attaches to the axle housing. Had you been doing any heavy work with the box blade just prior to this?

That scares the heck out of me. I'm sure that is a freakish sort of thing, but if it happens after the warranty is up you'd be in for a megabuck repair. The L4400 comes with a 2 year warranty, three on the powertrain. I'm assuming the axle housing is considered part of the powertrain? It should be.