L4400 busted rear axle housing

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing
I feel like the bolts in the flange may have been over torqued during assembly and hairline cracked the casting.I checked my warranty book and the housings are covered under powertrain.We may find out more after the mechanics tear into it.I'll keep you posted.

I feel like the bolts in the flange may have been over torqued during assembly and hairline cracked the casting.I checked my warranty book and the housings are covered under powertrain.We may find out more after the mechanics tear into it.I'll keep you posted.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #33  
Here is a link to the picture. Click Here
Looks like something may have got caught between housing and gear. Can you see any damage to the gear?

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #34  
Here is a link to the picture. Click Here
Looks like something may have got caught between housing and gear. Can you see any damage to the gear?

Ron you may be right,I did'nt notice any damage to the gear but I did pull a couple of loose ball bearings out of the hole.I suppose that could have somehow got between the gear and housing.I took it to the dealer this morning,he said I would be back in the saddle in a few days.

Ron you may be right,I did'nt notice any damage to the gear but I did pull a couple of loose ball bearings out of the hole.I suppose that could have somehow got between the gear and housing.I took it to the dealer this morning,he said I would be back in the saddle in a few days.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ron you may be right,I did'nt notice any damage to the gear but I did pull a couple of loose ball bearings out of the hole.I suppose that could have somehow got between the gear and housing.I took it to the dealer this morning,he said I would be back in the saddle in a few days. )</font>

Please let us know how much this repair would have cost if it had not been covered under warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #38  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ron you may be right,I did'nt notice any damage to the gear but I did pull a couple of loose ball bearings out of the hole.I suppose that could have somehow got between the gear and housing.I took it to the dealer this morning,he said I would be back in the saddle in a few days. )</font>

Please let us know how much this repair would have cost if it had not been covered under warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob

Bob,I sure will I'll ask the dealer when I go back and pick it up.

Bob,I sure will I'll ask the dealer when I go back and pick it up.