L4701 vx. MX4800

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #11  
If you need higher FEL capacity and want adjustable lower links standard get the MX. Both are great tractors and similar in size. I looked hard at the MX two years ago.

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #12  
I watched that video. Nothing on the L4701.

I continue to SPECULATE the L4060/4760/5060/5460/6060, the MX series and probably the L4701 use one chassis/frame. The Three Point Hitch, which Neal dwells on in Messick's video, is just 'kit'. The L4060/4760/5060/5460/6060 and MX series share the same engine block and perhaps other engine components.

Sometimes the objective of marketing is to illuminate, sometimes to obfuscate. Videos no exception.
I was in marketing for 37 years.

Perhaps a contributor owning both an L4701 and an MX will illuminate.

Last edited:
   / L4701 vx. MX4800 #13  
Jeff, based on your deductions, your are still enveloped in marketing, a profession more akin to carnaval antics while devoid of the facts. The L series employes an entirely different rear axle housing/assembly, derived from the M series. There are no frames/chassis incorporated in compact tractors. The Messick's video, produced by a knowledgeable and respected kubota dealer, clearly disputes your premise. A position that evolves w/ each subsequent post. Some folks just thrive on argument, can't reason w/ the unreasonable.

Continuation is pointless, readers will simply agree with Messick's video conclusions or form their own opinion.

Last edited:
   / L4701 vx. MX4800 #14  
No dog in the fight either way......

What is different between an MX rear vs L4701 rear vs larger grandL rear?

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #15  
A position that evolves w/ each subsequent post. Some folks just thrive on argument, can't reason w/ the unreasonable.

My SPECULATION about shared components has been opined on T-B-N for years. Nothing new, nothing evolving about my SPECULATIONS except additional SPECULATION, inspired by this thread, that L4701 may share frame/chassis with other Kubota models.

I do not own any Kubota stock. I have no involvement with any Kubota dealer, other than as a customer. I own a Kubota L3560, which does not share frame/chassis nor engine block with L4060/4760/5060/5460/6060 nor MX.

I am not making claims, I am SPECULATING.

The strength of T-B-N is in the diversity of thought provoking opinions expressed. The OP will decide what information is valuable to the OP.

Last edited:
   / L4701 vx. MX4800 #16  
No dog in this fight either, however, since this thread has turned argumentative........... I always believe false or misleading information is worse than no information at all, not matter what the subject matter. Opinions and speculation is just that, not necessarily factual.

Who is right or wrong, I wouldn't know, other than Messick's very informative video, which I would consider the higher authority on Kubota tractors.

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #17  
Oldoak, your comment is appreciated. Generally believe, as you apparently do, Messick's is an authoritative and reputable source for valid information. Each of us have opinions to share, some helpful, some not so much. Deliberate speculation designed to deceive and or mislead, without basis in fact, and the intrinsic value of said speculation, is summarily described in you post..

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #19  
First off
I have never owned a Tractor
I was looking for a Tractor for more Utility work and not a Giant Lawn Mower.
In fact No Lawn Mowing at all.
I need a good Backhoe and a versatile front bucket that will lift what ever ( do not now specifics just anything that comes up)

I talked to my local dealer and the Sale Lady Michelle was very knowledgeable about what she was selling.

I asked her about the L4701 and the MX4800 that she had on the lot.
Again my prime objective is Utility use.
she explained a little of the differences between the models and I chose the MX4800
Specs.
L4701
Basic Wt. no extra's 3307
Bucket Cap. at Pivot 1684Lbs.
Backhoe BH92 same as the MX
MX4800
Basic Wt.3729
Bucket Cap. at Pivot2275
Backhoe BH92 same as L4701

I ordered the MX4800 and 2 weeks later I Upgraded my order to the MX5800
with a 20% power upgrade from 49.3 HP to 61.4. and a 20% power upgrade at the PTO from 39 HP to 50.2
That upgrade cost me $2000.
Michelle made it happen

For me I wanted the extra Wt. and I wanted the extra power over the L4701.

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #20  
MX4800 vs MX5800 for only $2k more......thats a no brainer to me. I figured the cost difference would be greater