L4701 vx. MX4800

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #21  
My Thought exactly
I ordered the MX4800 kinda tight on money.
Then landed the job of a life time so I upgraded ASAP.

With 0% intrest that popped my payment a whopping $33 for a month or so.

I will get it the next couple weeks and can not wait.

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #22  
My Thought exactly
I ordered the MX4800 kinda tight on money.
Then landed the job of a life time so I upgraded ASAP.

With 0% intrest that popped my payment a whopping $33 for a month or so.

I will get it the next couple weeks and can not wait.
Recall what the difference was between the L4701 and the MX4800?

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #23  
Perhaps a contributor owning both an L4701 and an MX will illuminate.

I'd think a quick look at the parts diagrams on Kubota's website would provide information on shared components between the models?

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #24  
Recall what the difference was between the L4701 and the MX4800?

No I do not
There was a perk with Kubota or the Dealer in buying the Mx4800 over the L4701 but I can not remember that either

If I remember right the difference was minimal less than a $1000 for the base unit it was the upgraded bucket and backhoe that raised the cost the most over the L4701
you can go onto Kubot's web site and go to build your own and it will tell you the differences in cost.

My Sales Lady beat that price by several hundred dollars then adding the insurance it jacked the price up just above the quoted price by Kubota Build your own.
but it was well worth the cost for me.

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #25  
I just went on Kubota's site and Boy was I wrong

L4701 Base price is $27123.00

MX4800 Base price is $27271.00

A whole$148
Like I said above it is the implement upgrade that raises the cost.

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #26  
Perhaps a contributor owning both an L4701 and an MX will illuminate.

I own both a L6060 and MX5800. Granted the L6060 is a Grand L, not a base xx01 model but for what it's worth, I see very little similarity in visible components between the two. The engine blocks appear to be the same but it's hard to tell with all the different components in place.

The most obvious differences are the larger front tires, more robust front axle assembly and transmission case on the MX.

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #27  
I own both a L6060 and MX5800. The most obvious differences are the larger front tires, more robust front axle assembly and transmission case on the MX.

No argument from me.

The larger front tires, more robust front axle assembly and transmission case on the MX are sub-assemblies which mount to the frame/chassis, or whatever it is best termed.

Sheet metal dimensions of the Grand Ls and MXs are easily researched and close. Sheet metal dimensions vary a bit, with the MX sheet metal more bulbous, so the sheet metal properly fits around larger front tires, more robust front axle assembly, transmission case and larger Three Point Hitch on the MXs. I maintain my speculation L4060/4760/5060/5460/6060 and MX4800/5200/5800 are assembled on a single frame/chassis.

I also maintain my speculation these eight models share a single engine block. Not total engine, just a common block.

Tractor models are produced in low volume. Manufacturers constantly seek to maximize common components for scale in purchasing and assembly line production.

Last edited:
   / L4701 vx. MX4800 #28  
No dog in this fight either, however, since this thread has turned argumentative........... I always believe false or misleading information is worse than no information at all, not matter what the subject matter. Opinions and speculation is just that, not necessarily factual.

Who is right or wrong, I wouldn't know, other than Messick's very informative video, which I would consider the higher authority on Kubota tractors.

======================================================================================
Folks search forums for factual information. Oldoak makes a legitimate point. Sharing a engine block does not make tractors identical. Compact tractors are NOT assembled upon a frame or chassis.
Deliberate speculation devoid of fact is deceptive and dishonest

/ L4701 vx. MX4800 #30  
The 72” implement won’t completely cover you 74” tracks. It matters to some people and others it doesn’t.