L6060 Cab Questions

/ L6060 Cab Questions #71  
Anyone know the purpose of this connector? It's on the left side of the cab behind the support pillar.

View attachment 685438

It just ties to the lighter circuit. I used mine to put a small switch panel in to the pillar for a few accessories.

Also, last spring my 2016 l6060 got traded in for a new l6060 and i did notice the steering was tighter for a while. It'll break in pretty quick.

/ L6060 Cab Questions
Anyone use these TigerLight TL3240 LED cab worklights on an L6060?

LED Work Light for Kubota Tractors, TL324 Agricultural LED Lights; from Tiger Lights

F142825161.jpg F142825162.jpg F142825163.jpg F142825164.jpg

Not cheap at $95, but they are supposed to be plug & play. They appear to have the same profile as the Kubota OEM halogen cab lights but the connector looks different.

I have a bunch of LED work lights laying around the shop that could be altered to fit the L6060 but it would mean making new brackets and cutting off the OEM connectors. Also, they won't fit in the alcove molded into the cab roof like the OEM lights. They would protrude forward a few inches and block a bit of the view out the cab windshield. A very minor point I'll admit but it can be an issue when working with the FEL at full height.

Can anyone verify these TL3240's are truly plug & play on the L6060? If so, are they bright enough to make them worth $95?

/ L6060 Cab Questions #73  
I don't recall what the connectors looked like when I replaced mine. I prefer soldered connections with heat shrink.
As far as the lights, the photos posted look to me like they will splatter light over a very short distance.
I installed 1/2 flood, 1/2 spot leds.

/ L6060 Cab Questions

LED Work Light for Kubota Tractors, TL324 Agricultural LED Lights; from Tiger Lights

View attachment 686559 View attachment 686560 View attachment 686561 View attachment 686562

Not cheap at $95, but they are supposed to be plug & play. They appear to have the same profile as the Kubota OEM halogen cab lights but the connector looks different.

I have a bunch of LED work lights laying around the shop that could be altered to fit the L6060 but it would mean making new brackets and cutting off the OEM connectors. Also, they won't fit in the alcove molded into the cab roof like the OEM lights. They would protrude forward a few inches and block a bit of the view out the cab windshield. A very minor point I'll admit but it can be an issue when working with the FEL at full height.

Can anyone verify these TL3240's are truly plug & play on the L6060? If so, are they bright enough to make them worth $95?

**** EDIT****

I went ahead and ordered these Tigerlight cab work lights. They are a direct replacement for the OEM halogen cab lights on the L6060 as well as many other Kubota models. The connector and mounting bracket fit perfectly.

IMG_0933a.jpg

Although it's difficult to see in the pics, the Tigerlights easily throw 5 times the light compared to the OEM halogens! In my case, this will make night work a lot easier! Well worth the $$ IMO.

IMG_0932a.jpg IMG_0931a.jpg

/ L6060 Cab Questions #75  
**** EDIT****

I went ahead and ordered these Tigerlight cab work lights. They are a direct replacement for the OEM halogen cab lights on the L6060 as well as many other Kubota models. The connector and mounting bracket fit perfectly.

View attachment 687299

Although it's difficult to see in the pics, the Tigerlights easily throw 5 times the light compared to the OEM halogens! In my case, this will make night work a lot easier! Well worth the $$ IMO.

View attachment 687298 View attachment 687297

Thanks for the post. I have bookmarked this. I have too many projects at the moment but new work lights are on my list. To you happen to know if these lights will also work on the rear?

/ L6060 Cab Questions
Thanks for the post. I have bookmarked this. I have too many projects at the moment but new work lights are on my list. To you happen to know if these lights will also work on the rear?

Yes, they will work on the rear. All four lights are the same. It isn't easy to tell but the second pic shows a comparison from the rear. It's a 60 minute project at the most. The hardest part was separating the electrical connectors.

/ L6060 Cab Questions #77  

Yes, I put them front and rear on two L6060’s. They fit perfectly and make great light. I bought them from Larsen Lights.

/ L6060 Cab Questions #78  
Yes, they will work on the rear. All four lights are the same. It isn't easy to tell but the second pic shows a comparison from the rear. It's a 60 minute project at the most. The hardest part was separating the electrical connectors.

Thank you.

/ L6060 Cab Questions #79  
I'm in the process of trading my 2018 L6060 open station tractor for an L6060 with cab. I'm not getting any younger and the hours of plowing & cindering my 1.25 mile private road in single digit temps is really grating on me. To ease my aching bones, lately, I've been opting to use my pickup with plow for some of the winter road maintenance but it's taking a toll on the truck. It's also awkward to maneuver and I can't pile up the snow banks like I can with the snow blade on the tractor.

Although this will be my 7th Kubota tractor since 1980, it is the first one with a cab. Sorry if my questions sound like those of a noob but I have no experience operating a cabbed tractor. When asked, the standard answer from the salesman is "no problem". I'd much rather hear from those with practical experience.

1 - It's difficult to judge while sitting in the L6060 cab on the showroom floor but it appears there could be visibility issues when operating the FEL at full height. I'm 6' - 3" and wondering if this is this going to be a problem. Am I going to have to unbuckle the seat belt and lean forward to see what I'm doing?

2 - Is the radio option worth getting? It seems to me it would be difficult to hear unless the cab is very quiet inside.

3 - I've heard complaints about the interior glass of the cab fogging up. Are the side and rear window defogger options necessary and how well do they work?

4 - Heat and A/C are standard cab equipment on the L6060. Is the heater adequate in near zero temps or am I going to have to continue wearing my Carharts? I mow 7 acres in 90 degree Summer temps. With all the glass, does the A/C provide significant relief from that much heat? Does the compressor cause a noticeable loss of engine power?

5 - Is rear visibility a problem when using a 3 pt snowthrower? Are the rear window defroster and rear wiper options helpful?

6 - Is the rear work light option worth getting or am I better off with brighter aftermarket units? It's been my experience in the past that Kubota lighting is often woefully inadequate.

7 - The brochure says the cab model comes with a "Deluxe Swivel Seat with Suspension". Does anyone know if this is an air suspension seat? The OEM suspension seat on my open station L6060 was a piece of crap. I had to replace it with a Grammer air ride which quickly paid for itself in reduced visits to the chiropractor.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to offer and again, I'm sorry if these questions seem elementary.
Rear windows are terrible for fogging and icing over in -10c to -40c even with defrost on. Air ride seat doesn’t swivel. I have 900 hours in my 2018 l4060 . Kubota needs to add extra 2 defrost vents on roof by the radio speakers, sun visor, outside temp would be nice, a indicator that tells you that you are in 4x4. Move pro switch to higher area you can bump it with your are and disengagement happens. Buy an aftermarket Bluetooth radio. Those are my cons but the tractor has been flawless and 2.6 litres per hour pushing snow.

/ L6060 Cab Questions #80  
Rear windows are terrible for fogging and icing over in -10c to -40c even with defrost on. Air ride seat doesn’t swivel. I have 900 hours in my 2018 l4060 . Kubota needs to add extra 2 defrost vents on roof by the radio speakers, sun visor, outside temp would be nice, a indicator that tells you that you are in 4x4. Move pro switch to higher area you can bump it with your are and disengagement happens. Buy an aftermarket Bluetooth radio. Those are my cons but the tractor has been flawless and 2.6 litres per hour pushing snow.

750 house in 5 years here. More or less the same issues.

I bump the PTO switch all the time & neck strain sitting side saddle is getting to be a thing. I keep thinking I could loosen bolts & shift the seat away from the PTO switch a half inch or inch. But haven't gotten around to it.

I have the defrost wires in the rear window & don't have many issues there down to 0ish. Could use more vents though for other windows. I didn't get the auxiliary side defroster options.

4wd light could be handy, but isn't that big of a deal. Probably unnecessarily complex to put a light for a manual shifter.