Loader LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #1  

Chris H

Tractor
Kubota B2910/LA402 Kubota F3060 Kubota ZD326 Kubota B6200 Lastec 3682 (Kubota powered)
I have seen a couple of threads over the years about this subject, but had a hard time finding good evidence of fit... here is my effort.
I have a B2910 with a LA402-1 loader. I have envied the folks that had a factory solution to SSQA (or skid steer quick attach) because of the ease of switching between implements, and the economy of borrowing from your buds with skid steers. Mostly, I will own a 54" bucket (converting my current) as well as some light pallet forks for lifting/moving things.

After measuring and ordering and now actually installing, here is what I have:
The Kubota L2230A is available from a Kubota dealer from their wholegoods list (talk to sales, not parts). I think the list price was $436, and my local dealer added to their "next truckload" so shipping was not a factor. The L2230A was factory available on the LA513 loader, and is significantly cheaper than any aftermarket system I could find.
I removed the 54" bucket from my loader, and had the quick attach installed all in about 10 minutes.
The width between the ears of the LA513 is about 3/4" wider than my LA402 (see picture), I will have some steel bushings made to take up the extra space. I dont really see the necessity of welding the spacer in, so I will let mine float.

I have started converting my bucket. $120 for a ssqua plate vs. $450 for a new Kubota bucket made my mind up for me. I used my 4.5" angle grinder with a slicer wheel (.045" SAIT) to cut 80% of the welds, and used a hole saw to cut the plug welds holding the bracket "ears" on to the body of the bucket. I am going to find a 9" angle grinder to get the remainer of the welds... if that doesn't work then I am going to start plasma cutting large chunks out! So far, I am into the conversion for about 1 hour and I hope 1-2 more hours will have me ready to start welding the new plate on.

At any rate, thanks so much to all who contribute useful knowledge here! I hope this can help someone else.
Chris

20141026_144711[1].jpg20141026_144725[1].jpg20141026_144749[1].jpg

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #2  
Thanks for posting, I've been thinking of doing something like this for years. Maybe this will motivate me.

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #3  
Hi Chris-

Just came by your post. I am looking to add pallet forks to my B7800 and have been looking into options for a QA.
How heavy is this Kubota QA?
Do you notice any difference in the tractor's lift capacity with the QA added?
Are you happy with the fit and performance with the brackets being too wide?
What did you end up using for spacer bushings?
And, any other inforamtion regarding this experience would be helpful.
Thanks -John

I have seen a couple of threads over the years about this subject, but had a hard time finding good evidence of fit... here is my effort.
I have a B2910 with a LA402-1 loader. I have envied the folks that had a factory solution to SSQA (or skid steer quick attach) because of the ease of switching between implements, and the economy of borrowing from your buds with skid steers. Mostly, I will own a 54" bucket (converting my current) as well as some light pallet forks for lifting/moving things.

After measuring and ordering and now actually installing, here is what I have:
The Kubota L2230A is available from a Kubota dealer from their wholegoods list (talk to sales, not parts). I think the list price was $436, and my local dealer added to their "next truckload" so shipping was not a factor. The L2230A was factory available on the LA513 loader, and is significantly cheaper than any aftermarket system I could find.
I removed the 54" bucket from my loader, and had the quick attach installed all in about 10 minutes.
The width between the ears of the LA513 is about 3/4" wider than my LA402 (see picture), I will have some steel bushings made to take up the extra space. I dont really see the necessity of welding the spacer in, so I will let mine float.

I have started converting my bucket. $120 for a ssqua plate vs. $450 for a new Kubota bucket made my mind up for me. I used my 4.5" angle grinder with a slicer wheel (.045" SAIT) to cut 80% of the welds, and used a hole saw to cut the plug welds holding the bracket "ears" on to the body of the bucket. I am going to find a 9" angle grinder to get the remainer of the welds... if that doesn't work then I am going to start plasma cutting large chunks out! So far, I am into the conversion for about 1 hour and I hope 1-2 more hours will have me ready to start welding the new plate on.

At any rate, thanks so much to all who contribute useful knowledge here! I hope this can help someone else.
Chris

View attachment 396329View attachment 396330View attachment 396331

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #4  
I have l L 3130 and have a Kubota LA513 loader. I to for all the reasons you listed would love to add a quick connect to it but have not done so due to high costs. How did you know if this would fit my unit? If not how did you figure out this work with you loader? Thanks John

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #5  
John-

Kubota may also make a quick coupler for your loader which is even less expensive and does not require cutting and welding on the backside of your bucket. This is a very
good option if you are not changing fel attachments frequently.

This video shows what they look like and how they work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuktqggNDCw

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #6  
John-

Kubota may also make a quick coupler for your loader which is even less expensive and does not require cutting and welding on the backside of your bucket. This is a very
good option if you are not changing fel attachments frequently.

This video shows what they look like and how they work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuktqggNDCw
The Kubota quick attach is about $300. Not a lot of attachment options unless you have them custom made or mod it yourself. Kubota offers buckets and pallet forks, that's all that I am aware of.

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA
John,
If you check the parts book at Kubota.com for your LA513 loader, you will see this part listed as an option. It will fit yours just like the factory made it for your loader... because it did.
I had to spend some time with a tape measure and friendly dealer sales person to figure out what would work for mine.
I have l L 3130 and have a Kubota LA513 loader. I to for all the reasons you listed would love to add a quick connect to it but have not done so due to high costs. How did you know if this would fit my unit? If not how did you figure out this work with you loader? Thanks John

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #8  
Thanks to all for the information. The issue I have is that I have as well a L5030 as well that has the skid steer quick attach system and have pallet forks for that. I would love to be able to use the forks on both tractors. So if I could find an Kubota made conversion for under $500 I would consider doing it. I had looked at everything attachments and they wanted near $1000. I have a stick welder (but am still learning I can stick two pieces together but that does not make me a welder) so I can do the plate to my bucket. Thanks John

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #9  
Hi Chris, thanks for sharing this info. Would it be possible for you to give us a couple of measurements to see this conversion might work for some other loaders. I have a LA352 which is for a smaller tractor but it might be the same physical size. It is from the same era as yours. What is the width between your arms? What size are the pins? What is the spacing between the pins? I have been looking for a quick attach solution for a while and this might be ticket. Thanks again for your efforts.

John

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #10  
Subscribed.