Loader LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #11  
Chris,

I am looking to do the same thing with my B7610 and 352 loader, and as you found I am having to scrounge specs for the install. Would you be able to provide measurements for your L2230a? (i.e.pin to pin and width-type specs) I might be able to follow in your footsteps. I am about ready to start going from dealer to dealer with a tape measure.

Steve W (BotaSteve)

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #12  
Steve-

Not sure if you checked out a Kubota quick coupler for your loader? It may be a good option for you, as well.

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #13  
John-

Kubota may also make a quick coupler for your loader which is even less expensive and does not require cutting and welding on the backside of your bucket. This is a very
good option if you are not changing fel attachments frequently.

This video shows what they look like and how they work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuktqggNDCw

I don't think this is a Kubota unit...It just has the tops of the pin holes cut off...says Homemade on the video.

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #14  
Steve-

The youtube video shows a homemade copy of a Kubota Quick Coupler.

Yes, Kubota does make one that looks just like what you see in the video.

They sell for around $300. and are handy to have.

Best of my knowledge, Kubota was phasing them out so availablity
may be limited. I found most Dealers may not know what you are asking about,
so check with several Dealers until you find one that is familiar with the QC.

You can also start a thead and ask if anyone has one for sale on TBN.

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #15  
That is deffinetly built by kubota, I had the same identical quick attach.

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #16  
I have a b7800 and now 8 years later the L2230A is $510 at Messicks. That is still a significantly lower price then other choices. How has this all worked for you. I will probable machine a plastic bushing for the spacing. How has this worked out for the past few year?

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #17  
I have seen a couple of threads over the years about this subject, but had a hard time finding good evidence of fit... here is my effort.
I have a B2910 with a LA402-1 loader. I have envied the folks that had a factory solution to SSQA (or skid steer quick attach) because of the ease of switching between implements, and the economy of borrowing from your buds with skid steers. Mostly, I will own a 54" bucket (converting my current) as well as some light pallet forks for lifting/moving things.

After measuring and ordering and now actually installing, here is what I have:
The Kubota L2230A is available from a Kubota dealer from their wholegoods list (talk to sales, not parts). I think the list price was $436, and my local dealer added to their "next truckload" so shipping was not a factor. The L2230A was factory available on the LA513 loader, and is significantly cheaper than any aftermarket system I could find.
I removed the 54" bucket from my loader, and had the quick attach installed all in about 10 minutes.
The width between the ears of the LA513 is about 3/4" wider than my LA402 (see picture), I will have some steel bushings made to take up the extra space. I dont really see the necessity of welding the spacer in, so I will let mine float.

I have started converting my bucket. $120 for a ssqua plate vs. $450 for a new Kubota bucket made my mind up for me. I used my 4.5" angle grinder with a slicer wheel (.045" SAIT) to cut 80% of the welds, and used a hole saw to cut the plug welds holding the bracket "ears" on to the body of the bucket. I am going to find a 9" angle grinder to get the remainer of the welds... if that doesn't work then I am going to start plasma cutting large chunks out! So far, I am into the conversion for about 1 hour and I hope 1-2 more hours will have me ready to start welding the new plate on.

At any rate, thanks so much to all who contribute useful knowledge here! I hope this can help someone else.
Chris

View attachment 396329View attachment 396330View attachment 396331
What did you use for bushings?

/ LA402 loader quick attach for B2910 or B7800 with Kubota factory parts SSQA #18  
I have a b7800 and now 8 years later the L2230A is $510 at Messicks. That is still a significantly lower price then other choices. How has this all worked for you. I will probable machine a plastic bushing for the spacing. How has this worked out for the past few year?
Ed - I have a b7800 with the LA402 loader and I am considering that same upgrade. I have identified a place near me to order it and it is around $450-75. I am wondering if you moved forward with your conversion. If you do/did decide, can you reach back out to the forum or me directly and tell me how it is going. I will do the same if I start it before you. My local dealer said there is a light weight conversion plate to weld to my exixting bucket and I just need to cut off the ears. So, I am waiting on a price on that as well. I am concerned about how much loss in lift I will get becaues the bucket is further away and weight of the conversion mount. I have only had one occassion where I really pressed my bucket lift weight limits.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 71