LA724 loader VERY WEAK!

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #11  
What Boogerman2k said applies to me, too - " I'm able to drive into, curl and lift a full load of soaking wet clay without compromise. "

I have an L3240 with an LA724 and a 6 foot square back bucket. I had to counterweighted it plenty, but I was able to dig a 24 foot long, 5 foot deep soil profile pit into heavy, varved clay with it in a remarkably short time. I was moving heaping buckets of wet clay without any hesitation from the loader.

Sounds like the rest of the crew are on target, suggesting a hydraulic problem rather than a weak loader design.

Hope you're back up & running soon, and when you are, remember to tell us what the cause was. I think you're going to be very happy with your new machine, once you get this problem behind you.

Good luck,

Jim

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK!
I just got it back from the dealer. They bumped the pressure up to the max that Kubota recommends. I will try it out this weekend.

Thanks for the quick replies and all the help.

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #13  
Hope they got her fixed. They may also need to take a look at the quick disconect hoses,one of them may not be allowing full flow. You are right it should do better than that. Once you get it right it would be pretty hard to go back to the 185DT, I had one of them for years as well, amazing the work that little tractor could get done.

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #14  
Well, I can pick the loaded rears up even with my 1500 lb logging winch on the back. The 7 ft snowblower sticking 4 feet out the back usually keeps it down.

L3240 said:
How much power do you get under curl?

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #15  
I'll be interested in the results of the pressure bump up also. I haven't yet fully resolved the issue I have with my weak front loader, but I think I understand the system a little better now. My symptoms are EXACTLY the same as yours, but your description was a lot more literate than mine.

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #16  
I have a brand new 724 fel on my 3540, its very strong, i doubt your problem is in the fel itself?

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #17  
Hey, any updates yet on your loader issue???

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #18  
I have the 724 and it never ceases to amaze me with what it will lift.
However, the curl and lift positions are not available together unless I am empty.
It is also not marked as a usable position on the operation diagram on the lifter controls.

I use a Case 580 Super K backhoe on occasion and of course, there is no restriction on what function you can use with any other function, i.e. lift, curl, dump, whatever.

It took a bit of getting used to when I discovered that I could not lift AND curl at the same time with my tractor.

Now, all that being said, I repeat, I am continually amazed at the power of my "little" loader.

I hope you get yours worked out...
and let us know

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK!
The loader seems better now that the dealer has bumped the pressure up to the max specified pressure. I am still surprised that the loader lift capacity (1587) and loader roll-back force (3928) feel about the same. The specifications show that that roll-back should have way more power than the lift? AttachmentView

How do your loaders roll-back at ground level compare to the lift capacity?

/ LA724 loader VERY WEAK! #20  
Well, one thing is the lift at ground level is something like double the lift to full height that the loader is rated for.

I'd guess my curl is about 15% stronger than the lift at ground level, but I have the q/a on there too.