Land Pride blade to rake

/ Land Pride blade to rake #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
I emailed Land Pride today and as usual, great customer service and an answer right away.

I have an RB1660 3pt rear angle blade with the hydraulic rotation. As I have mentioned before I don't use it very much because I can do almost anything with my box blade when I'm building and maintaining my bush roads and trails.

So I called to see if I could buy just the landscape rake for that frame and save some bucks instead of buying the whole thing again which has the same frame.

For those interested, here is the part numbers:

rake 302-2785

And the gauge wheels are in the attachment.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 132
   / Land Pride blade to rake #2  
That's a good deal. Approximately how much did you, would you save going that route?

/ Land Pride blade to rake
Don't know. Never asked. Land Pride doesn't sell direct. The owner of my dealer is off right now but when he gets back I will get pricing from him. If it's going to be close to a complete new rake then I will just go that route.
I'm hoping it will be cheaper, because my blade just sits here doing nothing. Plus I'll have hydraulic angle.

/ Land Pride blade to rake #4  
You would certainly think it would be cheaper.

Well, I'll save the cost of the hydraulics and you "should" save some costs because the frame is the biggest piece of steel in it, LOL

Here's the blade in question. Would a rake with gauge wheels be good for LOTS of leaves on my lawns?

Attachments

• 005 (Large).JPG
    005 (Large).JPG
    654 KB · Views: 138
   / Land Pride blade to rake #6  
That blade looks like its NEVER been used. You might get away with the rake for leaves as long as you have the gauge wheels. Without the gauge wheels - I don't think so. So - you don't use the rear blade for snow - huh?

I have pine needles - no leaves. Last thing in the fall. Run my riding lawn mower around and blow the needles into rows. Easier to clean up that way.

Well that pic was when it was pretty much new. I used it once for snow just to use it, but I have a blower and the loader so that is all I ever use.
I did use the blade last summer to do some road repair. But for the most part in the summer my box blade never comes off unless I am mowing.

Attachments

• 015 (Large).JPG
    015 (Large).JPG
    858.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 014 (4) (Large).jpg
    014 (4) (Large).jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 013 (3) (Large).jpg
    013 (3) (Large).jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 012 (3) (Large).jpg
    012 (3) (Large).jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 122
   / Land Pride blade to rake #8  
For me there wouldn’t be much opportunity to save enough that it would be worth having half an implement lying around. Resale value will be slightly above scrap.

Just waiting for the price call back. It wouldn't be a waste for me. A couple bolts to switch back and forth. But like I say, if it's within a couple hundred bucks then I'll buy the whole thing.

Update. Buying a new rake, LOL The rake piece costs more than the whole new one. And the gauge wheels are as much as the rake.