Land Pride grading scraper

/ Land Pride grading scraper #12  
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with one of these,
Land Pride GS15 Series Grading Scrapers
as opposed to a box scraper for maintaining a gravel driveway. I'll be needing one or the other for the driveway come spring.
Thanks all.

I believe that these type grader blades are like box blades as in that the heavier that they are the better that they work. I guess that I might be wrong, but in most contitions I believe that the heavier blade will grade much better.

Attachments

• PC290001.JPG
    PC290001.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,618
  • PC290005.JPG
    PC290005.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 2,521
  • P4260027.JPG
    P4260027.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 2,080
   / Land Pride grading scraper #13  
On the Landpride it has the advantage of having the box scraper like "Spike strip" that should rip up any hard material.

/ Land Pride grading scraper #14  
BlacknTan,

Have you received your scraper yet? How's it work? Waiting for pics and comments!

Comp1

Have to wait for the snow to come off b4 I can use it...

I'll report back in July! LOL

/ Land Pride grading scraper #16  
Comp1

Have to wait for the snow to come off b4 I can use it...

I'll report back in July! LOL

BnT,

Trailer that thing down to my house and we'll try it out:D

/ Land Pride grading scraper #17  
I have the the Land Pride GS-1548 (48") model. This is a great implement for maintaining our 3/8 mile gravel driveway. I'm sure all similar implement will function about the same but the LP unit has some additional features I have not seen on others. I like the scarifier teeth. These came in handy for tearing out the center vegitation growth in the driveway. Our new house was being constructed and the driveway was holding up well to the many concrete and delivery trucks so I just let it be for the summer and had to remove the vegitation in the fall. The teeth will aso work great for breaking up a hard surface if maintenance repairs need to be done during the hot summer months. I also like the fact that I can adjust the depth of the blades. Most of the time I have the front blade set to cut in about 1/4" to 3/8" and the rear is set flush with the skids. This works great for regular surface maintenance and bringing the rock back to the surface. With the adjustable blades you can also lower the right side more than the left to restore the crown. This will dig down on the right side and the gravel will flow to the left (center of the drive) due to the angled blades to build up the crown. It's a great unit and will and save me tons of time compared to trying to do it with the rear blade and cleaning up the windrows. This unit makes maintaining the driveway as easy as dropping the implement on the ground, drive down the driveway and back, and I am done. I am 100% satisfied with the LP grading scraper. :D

/ Land Pride grading scraper #18  
mlevendo,

Thanks for the information on the GS-1548. I noticed you didn't complete your personal information on the public profile. I was wondering what part of the world you live and what type of tractor you have. Do you have any before/after pics?

/ Land Pride grading scraper
mlevendo,
I need to maintain my driveway in the same manner so it sounds like the LPGS would work fine. I also need to strip about 3" of turf away from the front of my garage and replace it with driveway stone, then maintain it. My question is whether or not the grading scraper or box blade would be the tool to use. I've no experience with either and only want to buy one. What's your suggestion? Thanks.

/ Land Pride grading scraper #20  
Several questions please, anyone:

Would one of these be any better/worse suited for maintaining a driveway in comparison/contrast to a box blade (I have a 42" but very heavy Gannon box blade)? If so, why?

With a unit like this on a BX, would you expect to need ballast on either the rear axle, the scraper, both, neither one?

Gearmore has a top 'n tilt for BX and other sCUTs. Would top 'n tilt do a lot to improve the effectiveness of a scraper like this or not?

Your replies would be most helpful as I am pondering this and contemplating purchases at this very time.

Thanks everyone.