Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price #1  

Bamacummins

Bronze Member
With advice and recommendations from this site, I expect to purchase either the BX 2360 or 2660 and do the 0% financing. I will need a few implements other than the MMM and FEL, specifically a box blade and maybe tiller to clean up and landscape on my new construction.

Question: Should I go ahead and buy the land pride or kubota implements? Are they worth the money? Or go cheaper say with King Kutter brand at tractor supply? Realize I have no experience with any tractor stuff. My last tractor adventure was over 30 years ago with my dad's cub farmall, but I did plow a lot of gardens.

Thanks for the help and advice.

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price #2  
How much land will you be maintaining and how much land will you be transforming? If you are just cutting grass aroudn the house and other areas, then the MMM is an excellent tool for this and nothing else is really needed. If you are mowing rough pasture a few times a year, and letting it get overgrown, then a rotary cutter will be needed. I have a Landpride Rotary Cutter, and feel that it's an excellent product. Customer support has been great and getting parts is quick and easy. Before buying a lesser brand, make sure that you will be able to get parts for it, and that it's up to the task you have in mind for it. Running a light duty cutter through trails in the woods might not be a good idea if you will be taking out small trees and sapplings. The same is true if your pasture isn't flat and smooth. Hitting dirt, branches and other debri will take it's toll on any cutter, but the stronger cutter will come through it allot better then the lesser model.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price #3  
I recently took advantage of the 0% financing and bought a 2660. With the 0%, seems like a good time to go ahead and get the implements you'll need. Eddie Walker is right-on with the MMM vs. rotary cutter in regards to what you need is based on what needs to be cut. If I remember right, he's not a big fan of the box blade. I have been using a BB, however, for a variety of projects. You can see the first here:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/147753-first-job-new-scut.html

Worked quite well. I got the BB because I figured it was something of a jack-of-all-trades, and could get a lot of uses covered without too big of an investment in a variety of other add-ons. It can break ground/move dirt, and help maintain my lengthy gravel driveway (something I couldn't really do with a tiller). A tiller would do a better job at some things, but I'd imagine they're a whole lot more expensive, with more upkeep, and would be costly to fix if damaged. I'll be using the BB to break up ground around the house for landscaping, too. A tiller would likely break up ground even better if you need to plant grass, but again, it boils down to just what you need it for.

Use the search feature on this site to look for box blades, tillers, or any other attachments you're thinking about. In the end, you'll find people on both sides of the argument with each one. Just think through all the projects you can envision working on, not just in the next couple of years, but the lifetime of your tractor. Then factor in what's in your budget, and what you should pick up with the financing deal they have right now.

Land Pride and Kubota seem to have a good history of good price and good reliability.

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price #4  
Landpride is quality equipment, i have owned several of their rotary cutters, as well as their landscape rake and quick hitch. Their implements endure commercial use and last a long time!

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price #5  
You are not going to get a mid mount mower at TSC. I don't think even Landpride makes them.

As for box blades, what you find at TSC is for low horsepower tractors. They may be okay for your BX. When I had a scaper blade from TSC, I was a frequent customer at the local weld shop :( but I was using it on a 45 hp tractor (M4700). I finally gave up and got a good Woods medium duty scraper blade 9 years ago and it's never broken.

There are light, medium, and heavy duty box blades. However, find out how much your BX is rated to lift before you buy a box blade. Likewise on rotary cutters.

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price
I plan to buy the MMM and FEL with the tractor.

My question was these other implements that I anticipating needing, i.e box blade to maintain 400 ft gravel drive and landscaping, and tiller for garden and some landscaping, should I buy these at time of tractor purchase? Since I haven't priced implements and don't know what homeowner use quality is needed, am I safe to buy these from the dealer and not worry about paying too much.

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price #7  
When I bought my Kubota 2320 last year I also bought a Landpride Rotory Cutter. I am happy with both. The cutter performs very well and is easy to maintain (sharpen blades, lube and check the gear oil). I have not had to make any repairs yet but I have called to company on several occasions and got a real person on the phone. As for prices, you always need to compare prices. You will have the advantage of negotiating a package price for the tractor and implements. The price I received on my rotary cutter was not that much more than what I would have paid for one at TSC.

Cheers,

Dennis

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price #8  
I have to agree, Landpride's good stuff. I have a 6' RFM that has cut some high grass and some big ant beds. It runs good as new after 3 years.

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price #9  
I have a bx2350. When I bought mine in 2006, i asked the dealer about getting a kubota box blade. He said for the money I would be better off getting a king kutter box blade. I' haven't had a single problem with it since I bought a KK.
I have graded atv trails and pulled up 12inch plus boulders, concrete and roots. I use my bb all time for grading (solid clay land) and as balast for my FEL. Just my 2 cents.

/ Landpride, Kubota implements? Quality vs Price #10  
Landpride is good stuff. Example: I bought a cheap RFM with a tractor purchase and for my rough yard it constantly broke. I traded it back to Barlows who gave me what I paid for it ($1100) on a 6' Landpride RFM. It's like a tank. It was $1750 and I no longer use it so it's for sale for $950. Back to Landpride, they make good stuff. I don't know if they have a cheap (lower quality) and a good (higher quality) in the same implement but they do have good and I think their prices are reasonable. Have Barlows bring your tractor and the implements all at the same time.