Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Default First Job For New SCUT!

Couldn't resist posting pics of my new SCUT's first job. Its probably ho-hum to most of TBN's experienced tractor aficionados, but as a total tractor novice, I was pretty stoked!

First, a couple of pics fresh off the delivery truck, before aquiring some "character" on the paint .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Job For New SCUT!-100_1490.jpg   First Job For New SCUT!-100_1491.jpg  
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them"
    - Thomas Jefferson

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Default Re: First Job For New SCUT!

The actual job was brush cutting, box blading, and some FEL work. Having never operated anything bigger than a riding mower, this was pretty cool to me....

Some "before" pics. The area is hilly and (before I strarted) rutted up quite a bit where the dozer had pushed some trees around a couple of years ago. It was overgrown with blackberry bushes, small trees, and weeds of all kinds.

Granted, I don't have any previous seat time to compare, but this little kubota was unstopable when running through here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Job For New SCUT!-100_1492.jpg   First Job For New SCUT!-100_1493.jpg   First Job For New SCUT!-100_1494.jpg  
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them"
    - Thomas Jefferson

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

The next couple of pics give a little better perspective on the slope and the overgrowth. I know when I was researching before getting a CUT, pics like these help you understand better just what they really can do! The stuff was 6-7 feet tall in places, and the cutter made easy work of trees up to a couple inches diameter...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Job For New SCUT!-100_1495.jpg   First Job For New SCUT!-100_1496.jpg  
    - Thomas Jefferson

- Thomas Edison

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

And some pics of the (almost) finished product, after I had run the box blade over it a few hours. I started out with the teeth on the blade at their highest setting. I figured out pretty fast that wasn't going to do much. The soil in this spot had a little bit of everything. Some of it was clay (about 50% of it), some was loamy, some sandy/powdery, and even some that was so rich, it looked like potting soil.

After lowering the teeth one notch, it started moving dirt a lot faster. And, once again, there was no stopping it....

The spot where the tractor sits started off as a drop-off 12-18 inches high and about 15-20 feet long. I eventually wore it down driving uphill to downhill over and over again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Job For New SCUT!-000_0012.jpg   First Job For New SCUT!-000_0014.jpg  
    - Thomas Jefferson

- Thomas Edison

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

More shots of the work...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Job For New SCUT!-000_0015.jpg   First Job For New SCUT!-000_0013.jpg  
    - Thomas Jefferson

- Thomas Edison

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Here's a fairly good sized rock I was abole to work out with the FEL. And a cool bug watching me work.

Ok, ok. The noob's gotten his fix. Lots of ideas for more projects in the future...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Job For New SCUT!-100_1482.jpg   First Job For New SCUT!-100_1497.jpg   First Job For New SCUT!-000_0011.jpg  
    - Thomas Jefferson

- Thomas Edison

Cool pics, thanks for posting. Made short work of that grass eh! Have fun.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Lookin good!
    Don't tractors look better w/ a little honest dirt on them?
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    2005 MF GC2310 TLB

Thanks for the photos!

My property's grown up so much in the past 23 years I'm beginning to feel claustrophobic-- but so far have limited myself to small tree/brush removal. Gives me some ideas.... Guess I'm still too timid to try some of that work, but it does give me some encouragement! (Plus, the bush hog and the box blade...)
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    BX2350

Nice job, looks like alot of fun.
    Thanks for the cool pics.
    BX2350

FEL, RCK54 MMM, 4' Farm Star BB, 5' Farm Star RB, 5' Rake

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast