Landscaper looking for some buying advice.

/ Landscaper looking for some buying advice. #21  
The 0 percent financing is just a 'come on'. If you look at the fine print you will see that you can get a substantial price cut if you pay cash. What you need to do is calculate if borrowing $ from an alternate source and paying at the cash discount rate works out to be a better deal. Even at the 0 percent rate the companies usually ask for a cash deposit.
I agree with this.I saved a extra $1,000 off the top paying cash.coobie

/ Landscaper looking for some buying advice. #22  
Thanks for the advice guys,

I am heading over to the Massey dealership this afternoon to try out their 2400 series.

Is this tractor powerful enough to scrape off a layers of sod from the ground with the bucket?

I'd try before buy if you want to do sod stripping with the bucket on such a small tractor. My 21 hp Kubota B7510HST with a 4-ft wide bucket had trouble with thick, dry sod. I had better luck stripping sod with a box blade and a lot of extra weight (three 120-lb buckets of concrete)

Boxbladewithweights-small.jpg

/ Landscaper looking for some buying advice. #23  
And here i thought i was the only guy that filled buckets with 'crete for weight on my box blade.

nice!

soundguy

/ Landscaper looking for some buying advice. #24  
"3. I do not have a trailer that can haul a tractor. I am however looking in to buying a large 6 or 7 ton dump trailer with loading ramps. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?"

I use a 14' 14,000# PJ dump trailer to haul my JD 2210 and it works but it's tight even for this little SCUT.

The tractor and loader are ~11' so it fits fine but if I want to haul it with the landscape rake or blade I have to put the loader bucket on top of the front rail. Works O.K. but is a bit of a pain. It does let you get a lot of capabilities to a job with only one tow vehicle (and Driver$$). Here's a few pics, sorry they aren't very good.

Attachments

• Trailer small.jpg
    Trailer small.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Trailer 1 small.jpg
    Trailer 1 small.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 82
   / Landscaper looking for some buying advice. #25  
Take a look at the Kubota B series. I have a new 2620 (recently upgraded from a N.H. scut) I agree the Kubota BX series is a nice little tractor that can do anything over time but I think would be too small for your commercial applications. I feel the 2620 the 2920 or the b7800 (a little bigger than the 26 and 2920) would be a perfect fit for your needs.

/ Landscaper looking for some buying advice. #26  
Another thing to consider in your research if you're going to buy new is the warranty coverage. I don't know the particulars for every brand but I believe that some manufacturers cut the warranty period in half for commercial use. Make sure when you compare that you look at commercial and not residential warranty terms, finding out that you won't be covered after the fact would be an unpleasant surprise.

/ Landscaper looking for some buying advice.
"3. I do not have a trailer that can haul a tractor. I am however looking in to buying a large 6 or 7 ton dump trailer with loading ramps. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?"

I use a 14' 14,000# PJ dump trailer to haul my JD 2210 and it works but it's tight even for this little SCUT.

The tractor and loader are ~11' so it fits fine but if I want to haul it with the landscape rake or blade I have to put the loader bucket on top of the front rail. Works O.K. but is a bit of a pain. It does let you get a lot of capabilities to a job with only one tow vehicle (and Driver$$). Here's a few pics, sorry they aren't very good.

Thanks a lot,

This is what I have been thinking most about. If I have a dump trailer it makes the tractor that much more useful. I will be able to load it up and send someone to dump it.

It will definitely mean making more than one trip but most of my jobs are relatively local and I think that that is acceptable. Otherwise, even if I bought an equipment trailer, I would have to load it up with the tractor bring that, unload and unhook the equipment trailer and go get the dump trailer.

At least this way I won't be switching trailers even if I have to make 2 trips. I am going to go look at some John Deere tractors today even though it is pouring rain outside.

/ Landscaper looking for some buying advice.
I went to the Massey/Kubota dealer today and I have narrowed it down between a Kubota B26 and a Massey 2610.

There is about a $10,000 difference between the two of them. The B26 would open up an entirely new class of jobs to me. I would be able to do foundation work, run drainage lines and I would not outgrow it.

The GC2610, however, is cheaper, better suited for smaller jobs, and much cheaper.

What are your thoughts?

/ Landscaper looking for some buying advice. #29  
I went to the Massey/Kubota dealer today and I have narrowed it down between a Kubota B26 and a Massey 2610.

There is about a $10,000 difference between the two of them. The B26 would open up an entirely new class of jobs to me. I would be able to do foundation work, run drainage lines and I would not outgrow it.

The GC2610, however, is cheaper, better suited for smaller jobs, and much cheaper.

What are your thoughts?

I think you answered your own question by mentioning "outgrowing". If that's a significant consideration, get the Kubota, pay the extra $10K and enjoy peace of mind.

I've owned a Kubota B7510HST and I have an old 1964 MF-135 diesel to go along with my Mahindra 5525. MF makes excellent stuff as does Kubota. Mahindra does also.

/ Landscaper looking for some buying advice. #30  
Cant go wrong w/ the Kubota. I also looked at this model but decided it was way to much for my property needs. But for commercial apps or larger property maintnance real nice. Not sure about the pricing difference or the other tractor you mention but as mentioned I did look into the B26 and got good feedback. Did you look at the B7800 or the 3030 when you were there? If so what is the price differnce between them?