Lawn Roller

/ Lawn Roller #31  
<font color="red"> Looks like an old propane tank. I wouldn't want to be the one one who welds that! </font>

In the web site, the builder stated the tank had been empty for years. But to be safe, it was filled with water during welding.

/ Lawn Roller #32  
I have sandy loam soil that is uneven (ag tires and stump pulling) and a few 1-5 inch drops in the entry drive. If a roller won't level my field, does this mean I have to disk/reseed/then roll?

/ Lawn Roller #33  
I guess before I would go through all of that could you get some dirt and fill most of your holes and seed. Unless it is really a major disaster that is what I would do first. Once you fill, then seed and the grass is up then I would roll to smooth out.

murph

/ Lawn Roller #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sand is a good alternative for cold climates. )</font>

I like to use water because its easy to remove when you want to lighten the roller up (like when your rolling in grass seed into newly prepared ground) and you can let it out anywhere. I just empty the roller it in the fall and dump in a gallon of RV antifreeze to keep whatever water that is remaining from freezing. I've done this for 2 winters now with no problem.

/ Lawn Roller #35  
My field isn't too bad, I can mow with a Bush Hog and only throw a little dirt here and there (15 acres). Mostly just hard on the butt if I travel over about 7 mph in my jeep.