Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #171  
Had to buy these to extend the handles. I think the MyRide deck cause the rider's knees to sit higher.
However it was short sighted not for the mfg to design more holes for extending the handles.

handle_extensions.jpg

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #172  
I’m looking at a stand on unit, and the Bad Boy Revolt has some great reviews by landscapers. Thinking about doing some lawncare on the side… I’ve perfected it over the past couple decades.
IMG_20220426_164349.jpeg

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #174  
That's some pretty grass you have there!
2 acres weed free…. The rest is “pasture grass” but still well maintained. Mowing is easy, lawn applications take some knowledge, still easier than the day job.

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #175  
Is it true that robot mowers do NOT handle slopes well? Hopefully you'll be able to give us some insight.
its rated to 45%, that said I tried to make it slip, i had it back up on a 15% grade in the pouring rain, and it never slipped the 100's of times its tried, I will have a better answer next year when its permanently installed

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #177  
$6000 total narrows the field a bit. You can probably get the Scag Liberty Z for that.
I bought a Stihl ZT this year for about $6k. The Stihl is basically a Ferris machine painted orange and white. I really like the 4 wheel suspension on this model, especially on rough ground.

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #178  
I bought a Stihl ZT this year for about $6k. The Stihl is basically a Ferris machine painted orange and white. I really like the 4 wheel suspension on this model, especially on rough ground.
I have seen those and I think they are going to be good. I know their larger models have a choice of Kawasaki and Kohler engines. Which does yours have?

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #179  
I have seen those and I think they are going to be good. I know their larger models have a choice of Kawasaki and Kohler engines. Which does yours have?
Mine actually has the Briggs engine, which I originally didn’t want. But the dealer I bought from is a friend and he said this was the commercial grade Briggs and he hasn’t seen any problems with the commercial motors. He said they were easier to get parts for than the Kawasaki and Kohler motors. He also runs a repair shop and works on all brands even though he’s a Stihl dealer. I don’t like the consumer grade Briggs motors, but decided to take a chance based on his recommendations. I guess time will tell.

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #180  
Mine actually has the Briggs engine, which I originally didn’t want. But the dealer I bought from is a friend and he said this was the commercial grade Briggs and he hasn’t seen any problems with the commercial motors. He said they were easier to get parts for than the Kawasaki and Kohler motors. He also runs a repair shop and works on all brands even though he’s a Stihl dealer. I don’t like the consumer grade Briggs motors, but decided to take a chance based on his recommendations. I guess time will tell.
A big motor working easy is better than a little motor working hard.

Someone said the other day their shop said they never had parts for Kawasaki and didn't even know how to work on them - because they never HAD to work on them.

The Grasshopper mowers are known as excellent mowers and their Vanguard engines are well regarded. I follow a Grasshopper owners group because I've been considering a Grasshopper and don't see complaints about the Briggs Vanguard over there. But lack of having the choice has given me some pause about buying a Grasshopper. I had made the dealer an offer on a Grasshopper Stand On mower with the Vanguard and he came down a good bit. We were only $500 apart. I was surprised he could get that close but there was a couple new Stihl Z turns sitting there too. And when I found out Stihl was coming out with a Stand On with a Kawasaki I hesitated. I'm between a JD and a Grasshopper now.