Leaking hyd. cyl, 400X Loader

/ Leaking hyd. cyl, 400X Loader #31  
Little late to the thread but glad you proved the point. Over the last few years I cannot even count the number of times I see seals being blamed by many people for things drifting down.:mur:

As to the lack of lift power, have you by chance put a pressure gauge on it and see if you are even getting to the spec? probably somewhere around 2500PSI?

/ Leaking hyd. cyl, 400X Loader #32  
What is proper routing of four hoses?

Typical, the green and black are to the lift cyl.

the red is to the head-end of the bucket cyl.
and the yellow is to the rod-end of the bucket cyl.

/ Leaking hyd. cyl, 400X Loader
Thx guys for all your comments, suggestions. The "red" was the last issue-anyway this morning I put a 3 ton floor jack on the cutting edge putting a strain on the curl function. wentback to machine at around 5:30 tonight and it "clicked on" with no strain.

Guess I should get a tech in now to run some pressure checks.

/ Leaking hyd. cyl, 400X Loader #34  
Thx guys for all your comments, suggestions. The "red" was the last issue-anyway this morning I put a 3 ton floor jack on the cutting edge putting a strain on the curl function. wentback to machine at around 5:30 tonight and it "clicked on" with no strain.

Guess I should get a tech in now to run some pressure checks.

You should just get a pressure gauge from Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
I have one and works great. You won't be able to have a tech pull into your driveway for what the gauge costs.

/ Leaking hyd. cyl, 400X Loader #35  
arlen4720
Thank you for that link. Excellent video showing the use of the gauge and a good price on that pkg. A few years back I assembled a pressure gauge just for that purpose.
Also glad to get the lead on the other connector parts. :thumbsup:

You should just get a pressure gauge from Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
I have one and works great. You won't be able to have a tech pull into your driveway for what the gauge costs.
Well I finally borrowed a good gauge and checked all my ports at the loader quick connects. All four at 2500! So I guess my pump is good? My valves are good? Which gets me back to my original concern. First, my loader arms would drop overnight-my thought I had a packing issue. Arlen's test with the complete disconnect proved that to not be the case.

Second issue. I was of the belief that I was not hitting the 400x's rated lifting capacity. I based this on the fact that I could not get a structure I was told weighed 1200 pds more than 18" off the ground. Perhaps that "1200" pound assembly wasn't 1200 after all.

Next step will be to see just what I can lift using various granite pieces I have (assuming 168 pds/cu. ft.)

/ Leaking hyd. cyl, 400X Loader #37  
I am guessing that your 1200# structure might weigh a bit more.

Even with complete disconnect of the loader, The packing can still be bad.

If you want real piece of mind, get a good 3000psi gauge, a few quick connects, and TEE it in inline with the lift port. I did this on my kubota. With a little math you can even get a rough estimate of what stuff weighs. Or get a good idea if you got a "good" scoop of dirt or not.

guage.jpgguage1.jpg

I am guessing that your 1200# structure might weigh a bit more.

Even with complete disconnect of the loader, The packing can still be bad.

If you want real piece of mind, get a good 3000psi gauge, a few quick connects, and TEE it in inline with the lift port. I did this on my kubota. With a little math you can even get a rough estimate of what stuff weighs. Or get a good idea if you got a "good" scoop of dirt or not.

View attachment 391083View attachment 391084
Thx LD- I hear you on the gauge/"T". I think I'll try the granite blocks first. Just out of curiosity, how can you figure material weight using gauge? Guess says if pump is rated at 2500, and you are moving load with reading of say 1300, load is 1200???

/ Leaking hyd. cyl, 400X Loader #39  
Using the gauge is still strictly a guess. Cause the same weight, only situated farther forward, is going to be a different pressure reading.

But I have done some calculations on the geometry of the loader, cylinder size, as well as real world testing. And have figured that 1psi is pretty close to 1# for a load at the center of the bucket. (like a load of dirt/sand/gravel).

It reads ~600PSI with nothing in the bucket. So at 1600PSI, I am lifting roughly 1000lbs.

Again, its just an estimate. Using a bucket tooth or two for a strap to hoist something shifts that load forward, and it isnt 1:1 anymore. More like 1psi will only lift 0.8# or so.