Leaking Radiator Fluid

/ Leaking Radiator Fluid #1  

Travkay

Tractor
2017 Mahindra E25
I have a 2017 Mahindra E25. My water pump has been leaking for a bit now and I have one on order. So up till now I have just been filling the tank with water before I use it and it would get me a few hours of use before getting too hot. I was using it the ither night and it got hot on me and shut down. I tried to add more water in the radiator and it started leaking out the left side of the lower part of the engine out of an opening there. I pulled it back and parked it for the last week. Today I went out to check and see if the water would flow out of it again when I put it in the radiator and it just runs right out. I have attached pictures to show where it is coming from.

Did I do some major damage to my tractor or is this something that can be fixed relatively easily? I will admit that I am not good at mechanics and will take it to a shop most likely. Just wondering if I can get some feedback on what I'm in for.

Attachments

• 20211220_150333.jpg
    20211220_150333.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 146
  • 20211220_150340.jpg
    20211220_150340.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 132
  • 20211220_150343.jpg
    20211220_150343.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 142
   / Leaking Radiator Fluid #3  
maybe you could have had it fixed on warranty if you took it in sooner? pictures dont really show anything. adding just water isnt really a good choice for any engine. antifreeze is also a lube for water pumps and anti corrosive.
best to tear it down in the leak area until you get to the leak. that will answer your question. After the fix(s) depending on how long you have been running water only, there may be more to come.

/ Leaking Radiator Fluid #4  
maybe you could have had it fixed on warranty if you took it in sooner? pictures dont really show anything. adding just water isnt really a good choice for any engine. antifreeze is also a lube for water pumps and anti corrosive.
best to tear it down in the leak area until you get to the leak. that will answer your question. After the fix(s) depending on how long you have been running water only, there may be more to come.
The pictures shows either freeze plug or a block heater missing.

/ Leaking Radiator Fluid
My warranty expired in March of this year unfortunately. I agree I need to get antifreeze in there.

/ Leaking Radiator Fluid #8  
Easy fix once you remove the starter

/ Leaking Radiator Fluid #9  
Coolant level was probably way low and the engine was very hot, then a shot of water turned to steam and pressure blasted out the core plug. If all it needs is a plug and coolant you got very lucky.

Last edited:
   / Leaking Radiator Fluid #10  
When you remove the starter to replace the blown out frost plug you have two choices...replace the plug with an engine block heater of the same size, or install a new frost plug. Have some liquid brush on Teflon pipe sealer and coat the outside surface of frost plug it will ease installation. A chunk of wood dowel the same size as the inside diameter of the plug will be a handy tool to tap it into place with Teflon as lube. Let it cure before adding antifreeze either prediluted or mixed with distilled water. Do not use tap water to dilute it.