LED Garage Lights

/ LED Garage Lights #201  
I have a few but was thinking I need to stock up... looks like I will have to evaluate the next generation.

Did you source from Costco?

/ LED Garage Lights #202  
I started a week ago changing my garage to Rural King sourced $29 each LED 4' long 5,500 lumen fixtures. The change is amazing over the old porcelain fixtures that I used 200W compact fluorescent bulbs in, and the light is instant on and a very bright white instead of the dull yellow. I have 5 running down the center of the 26' wide by 38' deep shop/garage so far. I plan to buy more this fall and run 3 or 4 down each outer wall.

When we built this shop we had the lights places down the side of the ceiling and down the center, rather than the old school way of putting lights centered in the bay. This was done because my original house garages had that traditional light placement and no matter what you did on a car/truck you were always in the shadow. Moving the bulbs to the outsides and the center of the 2 bays means that I rarely ever need a drop light now. And with these new super bright/white lights it will only be better.

I was amazed at the differnce when I hung just on 4' LED over the work bench. Use almost no electricity, and tubes are vey long life. I keep missing the specials on them at Costco.

/ LED Garage Lights #203  
The Feit LED 4ft fixtures are now a little different. They come with diffuser covers. I kind of like the older exposed bulbs better. Glad I stock piled a few to add to the garage/shop when I ever get to expanding it.

I have a few but was thinking I need to stock up... looks like I will have to evaluate the next generation.

Did you source from Costco?
Yes, all from Costco... haven't tried the new ones yet.

/ LED Garage Lights #204  
I looked at the $16 units at RK today and was not impressed. A single row of diodes with a clear sheet of plastic. The whole thing looked cheap (and I like cheap). Might have been the bright store lights, but I didn't get the feel they would light my work area better than a few LED flashlights.

/ LED Garage Lights #205  
I looked at the $16 units at RK today and was not impressed. A single row of diodes with a clear sheet of plastic. The whole thing looked cheap (and I like cheap). Might have been the bright store lights, but I didn't get the feel they would light my work area better than a few LED flashlights.
I looked briefly at those and turned to the 5,500 lumen ones for $25 or $30 per strip. I initially bought 1 and installed that... then went right back and bought 5 more.

/ LED Garage Lights #206  
I'm so happy with the Costco garage lights, I just bought 4 LED ceiling lights for our master bedroom, closet, and bath to replace the hideous old fashioned incandescent fixtures. Way more light! Wife is happy as we try to move to LEDs and modernize our interior. Only downside is feeling a bit guilty for tossing the traditional glass lens for a plastic one, but at $19.99 and hopefully never have to fuss with again and 1/10th the wattage. Old one was made in China too so I don't feel too bad.

/ LED Garage Lights #207  
Last costco ones i bought have a chain/metal wire (which suck) to hang with, instead of the cable. I liked the cable so much better.

/ LED Garage Lights #208  
Last costco ones i bought have a chain/metal wire (which suck) to hang with, instead of the cable. I liked the cable so much better.
I have dry walled ceiling in my garage/shop. When I replaced my fluorescents with the LEDs, I took the time to make a jig to locate the screws and mounted them directly to the ceiling instead of hanging them. Increased overhead clearance has also been nice and the light still better with the increased height.