LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary
Hi Kenmac, yep, it is. I traded my YM2420 for it in January. I really like it the extra size, 4wd, and loader. Really enjoying it. My previous was from them also.

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #12  
I have had no major problems in 8-9 yrs. Had the loader installed (year ago ?). I just couldn't get it to work correctly the way it was plumbed.I re-plumbed the hydraulics on the loader and have had no nore problems.Your's should serve you well

Last edited:
   / LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #13  
Nice Build.

Its hard to beat the output of LED's!:thumbsup:

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #15  
Welcome to TBN doctorwho00,
is a nice job you have done on the lighting:thumbsup: your neighbors will have thought a UFO has landed;)
Looking at the top light mounted to your ROPS, Do you have it to where it will rotate over if needed to light-up the rear if working behind the tractor, to keep from having to turn the tractor around,
actually I've been thinking of installing some sort of light just insdie the ROPS of my tractor, One on a handle like the cop cars have as spot lights, use a wide beam light instead, this way could quickly direct the light anywhere needed, in your search for the lights you found did you happen to run up on anything like I have described?
if so where?
again job well done:thumbsup:
BTW are you a fan of the Doctor Who Tv show ?:D

Hi deepNdirt, my lightbar on top will rotate around to the back. However, you have to loosen a set screw on each side for that to work. I could install a thumb screw head on it to make that something I could do on the fly though which would be pretty handy. I have a small light on the rear on a separate switch, but it's not as bright as the light bar. (round 20w LED light mounted on the fender where utility lights are usually installed)

I like your idea of a moveable spotlight. You could perhaps use something like a round 20w flood or spotlight which are readily available and then create some sort of bracket to hold it and allow it to rotate around. That wouldn't be too hard to make I think. I did find someone who sells one already made also. (Permanent Mount Control Light - Rotates and Pivots - 7, 3-Watt CREE LEDs - 625' Spot Beam - MagnaLight) Another option might be a handheld spotlight. I have one of these I use around the farm, and it actually came with a mountable "holster". It runs on batteries or a 12v cord, so you could run it off of tractor power. Nice thing is, you could have a free range of motion with this and really point it where you wanted it. Amazon.com: Streamlight 44900 Waypoint Spotlight with 12V DC Power Cord, Yellow: Home Improvement

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #18  
As you can tell, I am very interested in your project. Thanks again for sharing. Are you able to post photos to compare the headlights to the light bar? Also, are all the settings on your camera alike between beamshots? (ISO setting, shutter speed, aperture etc)

Hi 284 International, the camera settings are the same. I haven't taken too many beamshot photos yet (just the two I posted), but I'll be happy to take some later this week and post them. It may be late this week or this weekend before I get them posted. I'll set the tractor in an open area and take some shots of the different variations of lights being on and off.

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #20  
Welcome to the group! Wow that is some serious light to work with I am amazed how far out that goes man that really works nice good job! :thumbsup: Carey made a good point on the alt/electrical system but sounds like you have done the homework well done sir! Oh I have a buddy with a 2620D yours looks a lot better though. :laughing: