LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #22  
Thanks 284-international! The tubing is just some thin wall electrical conduit from the electrical aisle at Lowes. I got a fairly cheap bender kit at NorthernTool and made the bends.

Which bender did you get to make those? I've been looking for an affordable tube bender to make some smaller radius bends in some 3/4 and 1" tube/conduit. All I saw at northern tool was either for brake line size tubing, or a pretty expensive hydraulic bender. ???

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary
Hi 284 International, here is a before and after shot of just the headlights.

BEFORE (OEM High Beams)
OldLights.JPG

AFTER
(LED High Beams)
LEDHigh.jpg

(LED Low Beams)
LEDLow.jpg

Last edited:
   / LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #25  
Very nice!!

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #26  
Wow, that looks to provide ample lighting even with the headlights only. With the light bar on too I imagine it would be even better. Thank you for the photos. I need to start doing some scheming and pondering on what steps I will take.

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #27  
Outstanding project outcome. Did you have to do any alterations to the generator. What was the amp draw of the lights. Do you remember who you bought them from on EBay?

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary
knotweed, the eBay seller is at eBay My World - power-bulbs. I purchased the light bar from this eBay reseller and the LED headlights from NorthernTool. The amp draws are as follows:

LED headlights (low beams): 2.5 amps
LED headlights (high beams): 5 amps
LED light bar: 6 amps

The original OEM headlights had two 50 watt bulbs in mine, so that's a draw of 8.3 amps. Given that, I can run the lightbar and the new headlights on low at the same time for right at the same amperage. LEDs put out more light as less amperage than incandescent bulbs by a pretty huge factor.

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #29  
Nice job Doctor :thumbsup: The bottom line is your sentence "I had a lot of fun":)

/ LED headlights and light bar for YM2620D - pics and summary #30  
WOW nice I just read this. Saw it earlier in the day and thought it was a post from several years ago that got dragged up when I saw that it was 3 pages!!

I was thinking it was the guy that put LEDs in his headlights in the original bulb by cutting up some coke cans and then glueing the LED or whatever to the housing! I have been looking at LEDs for a long time for mine, but because my farm is not where I live and the tractor is there I don't have much use for night time work. I also don't work at night ever so its not a priority for my $$ right now!

But glad to have you and nice post. Love it when a project is documented.