Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc)

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #411  
Moss you continue to amaze me

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #412  
Moss you continue to amaze me

That I haven't blown myself up yet? Me too! :laughing:

In 4th or 5th grade, I won a science fair by making hydrogen gas with batteries, wires, upside down test tube, salt water (as I recall). It was fascinating watching the little bubbles come off the wires and force the water out of the test tube. Then we'd light it and start again. :laughing:

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #413  
I was kinda lucky in the both of my parents were what I would call Really Good Teachers. We didn't do yard sales. Dad took us to the city dump! That's where the good stuff was. We'd disassemble washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, pretty much all appliances and machines and take anything that looked fun. Pumps. Motors. Switches. Wires. Anything. Then take them home and make things. Great times. :thumbsup:

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #414  
Dad brought things home for us to take apart... I remember one was an MG that had not run in years... I was 10 at the time and got it running and started driving around the backyard... Under the back seat was an assortment of Craftsman tools that I still have... all made in USA

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #415  
Dad brought things home for us to take apart... I remember one was an MG that had not run in years... I was 10 at the time and got it running and started driving around the backyard... Under the back seat was an assortment of Craftsman tools that I still have... all made in USA
Very cool!

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #416  
I've been known to have 'hawk eyes'.
Once driving at traffic speed I braked, backed up ,with my then new bride asking what the heck?
I spotted on the roadside some tools.

A 3/8 ratchet c/w 9/16 socket as well as a New Williams 9/16 spanner.

I still have them in my tool box to this day.

The spanner is the slimmest I have ever owned and my favorite.
For quite some time I tried to complete a set but to no avail.
The ratchet was the very fine toothed style, quality.

LOL, one of my gran daughters inherited my eyes and we have nicknamed her 'hawk eyes'!

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #417  
Very cool!

LOL, that's me also.
Never toss something without taking it apart first.
Never know what useful parts you'll find, not counting the learning curve that'll serve U later.

And had a similar car experience with an old Austin.
Previous owner had miss wired the plugs and once done OK it ran like a charm for a while until we literally trashed (crashed) it while leaping from a ramp.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #418  
Zombie Thread Alert!
I was driving through town yesterday morning and this was sitting on the side of the road. I generally don't stop but did this time. It's an old Craftsman, made sometime in the '50s. This was in an old subdivision of well kept houses, chances are the original owner either passed away or just doesn't do wood working anymore.

I need to find out what blade it takes but it appears solid and is better than my direct drive tabletop Craftsman. Once I get it going I will probably put my old saw out at the side of the road, with the same sign next to it.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #419  
Nice pic!

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #420  
Not made in USA, but still cool. My dad brought this among some other tools when we immigrated to America.

IMG_20191014_133859.jpg