Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc)

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #431  
But it also says Germany on it and the caption "Foreign" looks like it refers to inches.

Good observation...it confused the heck out of me, until I figured out that the "foreign" label was placed in the "inches" section. I still didn't make the connection that the the inches actually were the foreign portion.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #432  
This is the other end of the scale where it says inches. I think inches means inches and foreign means metric.

I never noticed that Germ stamp though.

Attachments

• ruler4.jpg
    ruler4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
   / Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #433  
I was happy to find this Made in USA combination square in a tool outlet yesterday. Made by Johnson. I was looking for a combination square with a metric scale and there it was. The rule is engraved stainless steel, the sliding square is cast iron, and the bubble is accurate checked against my 4 and 6 ft levels.

Attachments

• ruler5.jpg
    ruler5.jpg
    987.2 KB · Views: 115
   / Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #434  
My neighbor is moving and asked if I wanted a couple thing so he didn't have to deal with them.

Ended up getting a couple harbor freight nail guns, a bicycle, table saw, pressure washer and this compressor.

When he asked me I almost said no as I hadn't seen it but figured I didn't need another compressor unless it was a smaller pancake or similar type compressor.

Glad I got this one though, USA made Campbell Hausfeld, belt drive cast iron oil filled compressor!

I think it needs an air filter (there's none in the housing right now) but otherwise runs great.
20210113_161622.jpeg

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #435  
nice score on the compressor TM........ slap a filter in it, if you don't want it around, shouldn't be too hard to sell along.

Rgds, D.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #436  
nice score on the compressor TM........ slap a filter in it, if you don't want it around, shouldn't be too hard to sell along.

Rgds, D.
I actually don't mind having it around, sometime i need a more portable compressor. Need to get some sold/out of the shop though.
This one makes 6 compressors hanging out in the shop now!
1 of them is my buddies but I still have 2 that need to be sold, that'll leave me with my 20hp screw and a 7.5hp reciprocating as a backup, and of course this little one when I need to be away from the shop.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #437  
I thought we had more than one Domestic Product thread alive, but this was the closest I could find today.... sorry OP if I'm too far away from Tools, but I have a lot of respect for anybody who puts THAT much work into any business, and these guys make all-American products that many on here could use.....

ORIGIN® - Handcrafted in America, Rebuilding the Middle Class

I don't roll, but came across these folks via Jocko.

Rgds, D.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #438  
Found this Ampco W 1150 wrench on my grandfather's garage a couple years ago. He used to work on a foundry back in the day and believe it or not, melted loads of these things and other cool stuff too.

It used to be all green and crusty just like bronze gets after a while. I cleaned it up some.

IMG_20190131_162131.jpg

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #439  
Made in the US...SR.

One of the things my dad brought from there when we emigrated in 1980.

PXL_20230826_234717351.jpg

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc)
I thought we had more than one Domestic Product thread alive, but this was the closest I could find today.... sorry OP if I'm too far away from Tools, but I have a lot of respect for anybody who puts THAT much work into any business, and these guys make all-American products that many on here could use.....

ORIGIN - Handcrafted in America, Rebuilding the Middle Class

I don't roll, but came across these folks via Jocko.

Rgds, D.

No worries Dave, I’m happy this thread is still alive after all this time.