Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #31  
Well we do not get the snow like some of you guys but we did get 14" last week and 8" the week before. Here is some pics of the last 14" snow we got. I plowed it out with my 28HP Jinma with a FEL and 5' bucket and a Woods 7'HD Grader Blade. Before the Jinma I used my Ford 861 PowerMaster Gas but this Jinma is 10 times the tractor for this job. The only thing the Ford does better having 45HP is pto work.

I make 4 passes down my drive which is 25' wide except back by the pole barn where it widens out to 40'. Its 280' from the road to the barn. I plow it 20' wide so the gravel that gets picked up stays on the 2.5' of remaining drive on each side. Anyway 4 passes then about 5 minutes with the bucket and its done.

I do want to source a used 7' or 8' truck plow to adapt to my FEL for snow removal. By the way my Jinma 28 HP tractor is a 4x4 and with the loader, front weights, rear weights, loaded tires with Wind Shield Washer Fluid, me on it, and the grader blade weighs in at about 5,200# so she is a heavy little beast. I run R1 tires and use the 4x4 and sometimes the diff lock.

Chris

Attachments

• DSCF0013a.jpg
    DSCF0013a.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF0014a.jpg
    DSCF0014a.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 169
   / Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts
It is easy to see why we are hurting up here in the UP of Michigan for our snowmobile vacationers when you guys in Indiana are getting so much snow. I hope it warms up down there soon.:D

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #34  
Here is my snow removal equipment, They were calling for rain and real mild temps this past weekend so I blew a path in front and behind the house in case we had a lot of runoff from the hill beside us, luckily it was only mild no rain, so no large runoff, but it gave me the chance to have some extra playing time mmmm I mean work with the tractor. Gary

Attachments

• DSC01953 - 2.JPG
    DSC01953 - 2.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC01949 - 2.JPG
    DSC01949 - 2.JPG
    505.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC01939  2.JPG
    DSC01939 2.JPG
    651.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMGP6168 - 2.JPG
    IMGP6168 - 2.JPG
    325.6 KB · Views: 147
   / Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #35  
This is the rig I use. Getting a lot of use this year.

It seems we get a snow storm weekly plus freezing rain. I keep extra gravel for the road and use it instead of sand. It gives more traction plus adds to the base of the road.

lloyd

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 144
   / Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #36  
A new computer so havent figured out the resizing but heres a few that i saved from the old one with a stick..

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #37  
A new computer so havent figured out the resizing but heres a few that i saved from the old one with a stick..

Wow! That Dozer can push a lot of snow in one pass.

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #38  
We haven't gotten hammered as bad as some of you, 9 inches or so at a time. That whole cab thing is looking better all the time..By the time I'm done I'm nearly frozen. I have a couple of hundred feet of driveway and another 600 feet of private road to maintain, in addition to about 7 driveways out on the hard road..Here's what I use:

Attachments

• DSC00647.jpg
    DSC00647.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00646.jpg
    DSC00646.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 103
   / Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #39  
timswi,I don't use the RTV to plow but did use a 3M outdoor patio door cover over the roll cage. I used the tape from the kit and a little clear duct tape as needed then the hair dryer and it is a LOT warmer. The doors are open but it keeps the wind off. Pop it off in the spring - not bad for a poor mans cab.

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #40  
timswi,I don't use the RTV to plow but did use a 3M outdoor patio door cover over the roll cage. I used the tape from the kit and a little clear duct tape as needed then the hair dryer and it is a LOT warmer. The doors are open but it keeps the wind off. Pop it off in the spring - not bad for a poor mans cab.

Thanks for that idea...This thing gets really cold, worse than my quad for some reason...Maybe I'm not fighting with the RTV as I did with the ATV.

Have to try that for the rest of the winter until I make up my mind on the cab.