Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #41  
timswi-
I don't see any ballast in your RTV. If it doesn't need it that's a good thing-leaves more cargo room for winter chores. This is my first winter plowing with the Gator, and it's a great machine for the purpose. 250 lbs in the cargo bed makes it almost unstoppable.

The first photo shows the steep road to my backlot that is much faster to plow with the Gator than with the 755 and FEL. They were all taken during a short period after our biggest single snowfall had melted somewhat and then we got a snow to freezing rain event-the one that hammered New Hampshire with their big ice storm. Most of the winter has had more inches on the ground than in these pics.

Attachments

• CroppedGatoronRoad.JPG
    CroppedGatoronRoad.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Gatorwithplow.JPG
    Gatorwithplow.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 2deeres.JPG
    2deeres.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 116
   / Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #42  
timswi-
I don't see any ballast in your RTV. If it doesn't need it that's a good thing-leaves more cargo room for winter chores. This is my first winter plowing with the Gator, and it's a great machine for the purpose. 250 lbs in the cargo bed makes it almost unstoppable.

The first photo shows the steep road to my backlot that is much faster to plow with the Gator than with the 755 and FEL. They were all taken during a short period after our biggest single snowfall had melted somewhat and then we got a snow to freezing rain event-the one that hammered New Hampshire with their big ice storm. Most of the winter has had more inches on the ground than in these pics.

There have been a few times when a little more rear weight might help, but not enough to worry about..This thing is pretty surprising in it's ability to plow. I think the plow is too big, but that's me. You have a JD combo that's pretty much the same as my Kubota combo...Can do anythi that I need to do around here.

Never tried moving snow with the FEL though

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #43  
No action shots but have the pics after the clean up. This was our last big storm in mid January, had about 3ft on the level and about 4ft of compacted snow at the road after the plows went through. Tried at first with my 446 case with the blower which I normally use... :( and I found out I was not going to get very far very fast. Ended up using the fel on the cub to get the job done... still took me 2 days to get all the snow cleared out.

Dan

http://www.bluewatermarinesvc.com/misc/snow1.JPG

http://www.bluewatermarinesvc.com/misc/snow2.JPG

http://www.bluewatermarinesvc.com/misc/snow3.JPG

http://www.bluewatermarinesvc.com/misc/snow4.JPG

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts
bwmarine,

Where are you in Western Michigan?

We had a hellish blizzard yesterday created by a very strong wind coming due north over Lake Superior, mostly after dark. I made a 50 second movie of the snow conditions early in the afternoon before it reached its peak. Because I mainly have tall, dense pine trees on my property when it is blowing at my place, it is pretty hellish on the roads. I went out at midnight and snow blowed anywhere from a foot to over the top of the blower housing. Drifting is rare at my place, but not yesterday. I love snow blowing at night in abominable conditions.

Here is the link to the movie:
YouTube - Blizzard Upper Peninsula of Michigan

full-driveway-2_4_09.jpg

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #45  
That last warm spell we had melted most of it...
We had another large storm right around xmas and that snow pretty much melted from a warm spell also. If we didnt have the warm spells between the two storms we would of had no where to actually to put it lol.
We normally get between 100 and 150 inches of snow a year. Not sure what this year will be
I am located about 20 minutes north of Muskegon within a few miles of lake michigan. If you look at the map I am about where the first small bump sticks out.
Its a "lake effect" prone area, most of the winter we dont get to see the sun much mostly overcast. Its a treat to get to see the sun during the winter months.

snow2.JPG

snow4.JPG

Dan