Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,321  
Hello Boylerman,

The shorter side slicers on the B rotorwill work with no issues.
SO many folks drive too fast with new flail mowers and get
angry at the poor cut which is the result of traveling too fast
in the forward direction.

The scoop knives though fewer in number overlap like the other knives
so its a matter of preferance.

It all comes down to travel speed when mowing with a small flail mower.

If I could I would upload a video of a high horsepower tractor and folding
flailmower being used in Europe that is engaged in chopping suflower stalks
that is shreding them right down to the ground.

If you visit the Hiniker home page you will see thier high horsepower flail mowers shredding corn stalks to the ground also using thier side slicer knives mounted on their crop shredders.

They also offer scoop knive shredders ment for cotton, sugar cane, and sugar beet topping as well.

Can you save the extra money for the F rotor if you wait and order it in January or February?

The metric shackles just like the SAE shackles are made for many purposes, wire rope crane work, lifting and also in fishing fleets where they are used for dragging nets on the sea floor for both ground fish and shell fish harvesting.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #2,322  
I don't have any more new Caroni metric clevises to compare to the 3/8" Flailmaster supplied clevises but I know that each and every one of the thirty or more Caroni clevises that have broken in my more broke at a lower corner. I have never had one break or wear out in the middle where the knives are located. If I recall correctly the Caroni supplied version has a bit of a boxy shape rather than a simple U shape like those from Flailmaster. The Caroni version is also somewhat lighter and narrower gauge.

I looked hard for a U.S. supplier of something metric to replace the expensive AgriSupply Caroni clevises but never found anything. Simplest solution for me was to just use a vise to squeeze the 3/8 clevises so it would fit and then to take off about 1/32 from the sides with a flap disk so it could pivot freely. .

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,323  
   / Let's talk flail mowers #2,324  
Giving my question a bump. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks
Never seen one of those. Look good in the catalog though. Certainly appears to be a good company and not just some fly by night knock off outfit.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,327  
Oh yeah! That is beautiful (from a flail lover's perspective). Nice drone camera work too.

Not sure how well it would work without perfect ditches though! But it is purdy!

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,329  
I just got an Alamo SHD74 (super heavy duty 74") flail mower from a local county highway department auction, about $700. Now I've got to figure out how to get it home. This will go behind my 45hp diesel tractor.

74-1.jpg

Hoping there are no problems with the unit, this was an "as-is" sale!

Scott in Brighton NY

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,330  
I just got an Alamo SHD74 (super heavy duty 74") flail mower from a local county highway department auction, about $700. Now I've got to figure out how to get it home. This will go behind my 45hp diesel tractor.

View attachment 438760

Hoping there are no problems with the unit, this was an "as-is" sale!

Scott in Brighton NY