Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,311  
I've decided to buy a Caroni TM1900 flail from Agri-Supply. Do they ever put it on sale or offer % off deals? I know my Tractor Supply mails out a 10% off anything coupon 2X a year. Does Agri-Supply do the same? Current price is $1909 plus about $260 shipping. I'm in no rush to get it, mowing season is starting to wind down, so as long as I have it by May 1, 2016, I'll be in good shape. A big thank you to everyone on this post who helped make up my mind. Leonz and Island Tractor, special thank you to you both. Of course, my wife is not sure you are friends, getting me to spend this kind of money!

I've never seen AgriSupply discount the flails at all.

Perhaps you could create a self discount by selling all the Caroni blades and clevises to other TBN members for 75% of what AgriSupply charges and substitute the less expensive and longer lasting Flailmaster sets.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,312  
I've decided to buy a Caroni TM1900 flail from Agri-Supply. Do they ever put it on sale or offer % off deals? I know my Tractor Supply mails out a 10% off anything coupon 2X a year. Does Agri-Supply do the same? Current price is $1909 plus about $260 shipping. I'm in no rush to get it, mowing season is starting to wind down, so as long as I have it by May 1, 2016, I'll be in good shape.

A big thank you to everyone on this post who helped make up my mind. Leonz and Island Tractor, special thank you to you both. Of course, my wife is not sure you are friends, getting me to spend this kind of money!

Yeah, those guys convinced me I "needed" one also.. but thats a good thing, nice mower.

I got kind of a sideways discount on mine, they shipped me the wrong thing the first time.. a set of 3 point pallet forks!:confused::muttering: BUT.. they decided to wave the shipping for the delay... Sweet!!
Not sure about them going on sale though..

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,313  
Yep - drive the seal back in and refill as Ovrszd says and just keep an eye on it. No need to panic at this point. I would guess it was overfilled a bit and the heat of running it caused it to push out. Not really unusual or anything to worry about.
Good luck

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,314  
Yeah, those guys convinced me I "needed" one also.. but thats a good thing, nice mower.

I got kind of a sideways discount on mine, they shipped me the wrong thing the first time.. a set of 3 point pallet forks!:confused::muttering: BUT.. they decided to wave the shipping for the delay... Sweet!!
Not sure about them going on sale though..

I could see a stock boy looking for a flail mower and accidentally grabbing pallet forks! He must have been educated under common core!

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,315  
I've never seen AgriSupply discount the flails at all.

Perhaps you could create a self discount by selling all the Caroni blades and clevises to other TBN members for 75% of what AgriSupply charges and substitute the less expensive and longer lasting Flailmaster sets.

I'm probably going to do that, as I want to swap out the Y blades for turf blades. I'll post here when I have the Caroni shackles and blades off and for sale.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,316  
Yep - drive the seal back in and refill as Ovrszd says and just keep an eye on it. No need to panic at this point. I would guess it was overfilled a bit and the heat of running it caused it to push out. Not really unusual or anything to worry about. Good luck
thanks! Im going to give it a whirl!

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,317  
I could see a stock boy looking for a flail mower and accidentally grabbing pallet forks! He must have been educated under common core!

Yeah, so the truck shows up here, I bring my tractor /FEL up to offload my new Caroni I've been waiting for, he opens the truck and here's a little pallet with this stuff on it and the driver is like.. there you are!!! WTH????

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,318  
I'm probably going to do that, as I want to swap out the Y blades for turf blades. I'll post here when I have the Caroni shackles and blades off and for sale.
===================================================================================

Hello Boylerman,

You will not be able to interchange the scoop knives with the side slicers as the
the P rotor is the only flail mower rotor of the four flail mower rotors that will be able to use them.

You have to decide which flail mower rotor you want to provide the cut and finish you desire.

The P rotor which uses the scoop knives will work in finish mowing and rough mowing.

The B rotor which uses the shorter hardened slicers mounted on shackles is ment for
rough mowing conditions and can be used for finish mowing with a rougher finish.

The A rotor uses the longer hardened slicers for mowing with a rough finish.

The F rotor is use for finish mowing to provide the endd user a golf course finish.

You will have to decide on the A, B or P flail mower rotor if you do not want the F
rotor for to provide a finish cut for all mowing jobs.

The finish cut flail mower rotor will allow you the flexibility of having more time
between mowings as it shreds the clippings to a much finer size.

Some of us(myself included) use our finish mowers for both rough mowing and
finish mowing.

Myself and Island Tractor and other members of the Flail Mower Nations want
you to succeed.

Attachments

• Caroni flail mower rotors.jpg
    Caroni flail mower rotors.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #2,319  
Leonz, my plan was to buy the B rotor. If I could get the F for the same price, I would do that, but Agri Supply says it is another $1000 or so. I found a guy who didn't like the cut of the TM1900, so he took off the Y blades and replaced them with scoop knives from Flailmaster, and that gave him the manicured cut he was looking for.

Caroni TM1900 Flail Mower... - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

Someone on this thread, a couple hundred pages back, replaced all of the Caroni clevises with new ones from Flailmaster that were stronger, more durable and significantly cheaper. My thought was to replace both the clevises and knives at the same time, and sell the un-used Caroni clevises and knives.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #2,320  
Leonz, my plan was to buy the B rotor. If I could get the F for the same price, I would do that, but Agri Supply says it is another $1000 or so. I found a guy who didn't like the cut of the TM1900, so he took off the Y blades and replaced them with scoop knives from Flailmaster, and that gave him the manicured cut he was looking for. Caroni TM1900 Flail Mower... - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota Someone on this thread, a couple hundred pages back, replaced all of the Caroni clevises with new ones from Flailmaster that were stronger, more durable and significantly cheaper. My thought was to replace both the clevises and knives at the same time, and sell the un-used Caroni clevises and knives.

1) clearly possible and even advisable to switch out the factory clevises for Flailmaster 3/8 clevises though you do need a vise and grinder to get the Flailmaster clevises to fit. Takes about two minutes each once you get used to doing it. I'm still replacing Caroni clevises as they break and after two years have yet to have one of the Flailmaster clevises wear out. The Caroni clevises wear out at the bottom corners and break easily when hitting rocks.

2) there might be some fitment issues with scoops but if you have the exact dimensions you should be able to figure that out. As I recall Flailmaster gives all relevant specs in their catalog.

3) I am personally happy with the Caroni/Flailmaster Y blade cut quality but I'm cutting fields and brush not a well manicured lawn.