Chipper Liberty Chipper Review

/ Liberty Chipper Review #11  
Did you end up having to adjust distance between blades & anvil? How much clearance did you find worked best?

/ Liberty Chipper Review
Actually I was in spec (I think they say .1-.3"). But, I haven't ran it yet since swapping the blades so not sure if I'll need to adjust or not. When I first got the chipper, I ended up having to expand the inlet for the chute where it mounts to the main body, changed the mount angle, and made the entry super smooth so the chips would flow and that helped a ton. No cloggage until the baldes got dull. But, now that I've swapped blades, it could be a whole different ball game.

/ Liberty Chipper Review #13  
I just flipped my blades today. ...

I used a pick to clean out the allen bolt really good. Then used an impact wrench on the nuts to get them loose. Prevents stripping. On the four bolt blades (2) I had to use a die grinder to get enough clearance to get the outer edge bolts out so I don't have to remove the feed chute every time i change blades.

Regreased and put it back together. Everything seems to spin smoothly. I ran out of time to chip today so hopefully all is fine.

Good to know it is at least possible - although grinding to get clearance to the outer edge bolts - or removing the chute - seems excessive.

/ Liberty Chipper Review #14  
This is just one of the costs of Chinese stuff. The good news is that most people with Chinese chippers get them to work fine . . . eventually. It just takes time and hassle. Definitely look at the distance between the blades and anvil. I do it by eye on my Patu chipper but a gauge is probably smart. Make sure that the chipper is blowing lots of air when not chipping wood--do this carefully. Otherwise, these things really are not that complicated so look it over logically and see what could be causing the clogs. You need decent sized chips, force and air to move them, and a clear passage to exit. That's really it.

I agree. When you buy something made in China you kinda expect a certain number of corners to be cut but it would help if the customer service from the outfit that hawks these things down in AZ was better. Delivery dates should begin with "Once upon a time " because they're just fairy tales and getting a tech. or parts guy or better yet customer service is like conjuring up a mythical being that only presents himself on the third Friday of the month at 9:02 mtn time. Seems like if they were in business for the long hual they would be more concerned with answering customers questions accuratly and provided detailed manuals for what they sell.

/ Liberty Chipper Review #15  
That's the risk of buying on-line. You are always better off to buy a name brand through a dealer. Most if all of this probably wouldn't have happened.

/ Liberty Chipper Review #16  
My Liberty chipper included free shipping and spare blade set. So you'd have to add several hundred bucks to a competing chipper for a fair shake. Not to take sides but a vendor who sells imports will have some delivery date issues especially if sales are good.

/ Liberty Chipper Review #17  
Wow sorry to hear you're going through this. Its this exact thing that I was afraid of when I looked at them and passed a few months ago. I've read that sometimes they're assembled wrong or bolts can be loose, maybe there is something like that causing your clogs? I'd maybe run something larger as well, maybe it has trouble with small stuff? (Some chippers do).

They claim to manufacture in U.S.A but working for the company for 2 years and lying to customers was part of the job description. They are shipped from over-seas from China, where they are manufactured. Customers wait anywhere form 2 weeks to 12 weeks for their products, though i never seen anyone get their product in 2 weeks, average is 8 weeks. They will tell you anything to keep you from canceling your order, the claim that they go into production at the USA warehouse as soon as you place the order and should have the product within one week ...yeah right ...they hire a guy specifically to BS customers and keep them from cancelling orders. The product is crap, within the first 90 days their products fail and they are forced to use their warranty to get replacement parts, but you will have to install or pay someone to install the new/used part.. If you decide to return the product within the first 30 Days , they will charge a 30% restock fee, plus shipping both ways.. So lets say you buy a backhoe for $4000.00, 30 percent is $1200.00 and shipping one way is $750.00 x 2 = $1500.00...$4000.00 -$1200.00 - $1500.00 =$1300.00. You get $1300.00 back from the $4000.00 you spent.. so customer are basically forced to keep the product , either way the company doesn't care because even if you decide to return and pay all the fees, they still get their profit back and the product back which they will sell as new to another customer for $4000.00. Its all written in small print that you never see!! Help Me put these guys out of business because they are bending over and screwing our hard -working Mid Class Americans.

/ Liberty Chipper Review #18  
They claim to manufacture in U.S.A but working for the company for 2 years and lying to customers was part of the job description. They are shipped from over-seas from China, where they are manufactured. Customers wait anywhere form 2 weeks to 12 weeks for their products, though i never seen anyone get their product in 2 weeks, average is 8 weeks. They will tell you anything to keep you from canceling your order, the claim that they go into production at the USA warehouse as soon as you place the order and should have the product within one week ...yeah right ...they hire a guy specifically to BS customers and keep them from cancelling orders. The product is crap, within the first 90 days their products fail and they are forced to use their warranty to get replacement parts, but you will have to install or pay someone to install the new/used part.. If you decide to return the product within the first 30 Days , they will charge a 30% restock fee, plus shipping both ways.. So lets say you buy a backhoe for $4000.00, 30 percent is $1200.00 and shipping one way is $750.00 x 2 = $1500.00...$4000.00 -$1200.00 - $1500.00 =$1300.00. You get $1300.00 back from the $4000.00 you spent.. so customer are basically forced to keep the product , either way the company doesn't care because even if you decide to return and pay all the fees, they still get their profit back and the product back which they will sell as new to another customer for $4000.00. Its all written in small print that you never see!! Help Me put these guys out of business because they are bending over and screwing our hard -working Mid Class Americans.

:welcome:to TBN, this sounds bad, Anyone else out there know about this? I was warned last year when I was looking. Ended up buying a BMX-42 Wallenstein.

/ Liberty Chipper Review #19  
I knew that their products sounded too good to be true. (Another completely satisfied Wallenstein bx42 owner)

/ Liberty Chipper Review #20  
They claim to manufacture in U.S.A but working for the company for 2 years and lying to customers was part of the job description. They are shipped from over-seas from China, where they are manufactured.
A couple of months back, I asked (via the online chat) where their chippers were made and was told China.
Delayed shipping and PITA returns are a common thread that I have seen all over the place with their products.

Aaron Z