lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance

/ lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance #11  
Man.....I would not work under a strap OR chain supported load!...especially when held up by a loader!! :confused2: Sooner or later that will get you hurt....or worse. Same for any loader supported device....too many possibilities to go wrong IMO. Hanging weight, and working under it?....not the right way to do things without GOOD support.

I have picked up my RC with the loader and put it on end against a tree....and supported by the ground and a chain around the tree. Much safer IMO.

I'm with you foggy. I spent a lot of years around forklifts and have witnessed hoses blowing and chains breaking.

/ lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance
I thank everyone for their great replies. I'm definitely going to come up with a new plan the next time the mmm comes off. I've always worried about bending a wheel somehow if I flip the mower on its long side against a tree or something similar. Sounds like my fear should be in the mower falling on my head when i have it lifted. I really appreciate your insight.

.... and thanks to all you veterans out there. I appreciate your sacrifice as well.

Take care,
Eric

/ lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance #13  
Hi Everyone,

I took a slightly different path to the same problem and built a bracket that attaches to the loader on my 2520 via the hitch mount on the bucket.

The 2 arms in front pick up the lift brackets n the 62D mower. They also are very close to the normal Cat 1 3 point hitch dimensions so I made an adapter kit to instal 3 point items on the front as well (see the picture of the boom pole for light loads).

I like it so far.

billmcba:D

Attachments

• Bill Bracket 1.jpg
    Bill Bracket 1.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Bill Bracket 2.jpg
    Bill Bracket 2.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Boom Pole 1.jpg
    Boom Pole 1.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Boom Pole 2.jpg
    Boom Pole 2.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 186
   / lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance #14  
It never occurred to me that there was any other way to work on a mower deck. I flip any mower deck over on its back. It can't fall when it is laying on the ground. If I was worried about the paint, I would lay it upside down in the yard.
If I work on a deck, there will be scratches in the paint.

Working beneath a dangling heavy object with sharp edges, seems like a flawed plan. Deck chained to a tree sounds flawed too.

/ lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance #15  
I made mower stands for my 62D (axles through the rear wheel shaft housing) and only lift mine high enough to get the stands on. I lift all kinds of stuff with the loader, but working on it while on the loader is against my rules.

/ lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance #16  
I don't work under anything either. I lift it so I can work on it but never get under anything that may fall on me. I would consider this a given.

/ lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance #17  
Here's how I used to manage my 54C deck. I just set the fork frame on a couple of 30" 2X4's that I keep around for working on things being held up by the forks.

Attachments

• DSC00352.JPG
    DSC00352.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00353.JPG
    DSC00353.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 148
   / lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance #18  
Here's how I used to manage my 54C deck. I just set the fork frame on a couple of 30" 2X4's that I keep around for working on things being held up by the forks.

Yeah, but you're still working under the tractor for all intents and purposes...

/ lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance #19  
Not under forks or a FEL will I work. Nothing mechanical or hydraulic that can fail. I trust gravity and gravity only.

/ lifting the MMM with the FEL for maintenance #20  
Yeah, but you're still working under the tractor for all intents and purposes...

No, this would be standing next to the deck with it around waist height or a little higher. And with the legs inserted, it is as solid as a saw horse.